prizna

What training did you do today?

Flanman    1,090

Time to stop piss-farting around and actually do some training. I think I am starting to get my head together (i.e., embracing chaos rather than stressing over it), so this weekend is the baseline. Only one way to go now - and that's up. 

Enjoyment comes from achievement. Time to start enjoying things on a consistent basis.

FM

• Like 2

Go Easy    1,170
10 hours ago, Flanman said:

Time to stop piss-farting around and actually do some training. I think I am starting to get my head together (i.e., embracing chaos rather than stressing over it), so this weekend is the baseline. Only one way to go now - and that's up.

Sounds like me Mick, I've been really inconsistent.  After doing really good in the Winter swim challenge I've gone right off the rails and haven't had a swim in about 3 weeks, I only ran once this week, and apart from a couple of events I haven't had a training ride in over 9 months.

Good luck with it, just put time aside for yourself and do what you enjoy!

Edited by Go Easy
  • Like 2

Fitness Buddy    588

Wake up and put on my 2xu compression gear and vest. Lace up the Newton Gravity 5.  Don the newton visor and RP traylx 

Foam roller - glute exercises - then out and back run 30km run - 1:50:24. : Half way glutes exercises  top up fuel belt bottles.

Things need to work on, hip position on inclines.  Overreaching on left side

• Like 1

Clarkevitch    71

8k run very slow, but fast for me.

Foam roller on hips and glutes beforehand that make a huge difference to my legs. Just need to do this more often as I'm stiff as a board

MissJess    274

Yesterday was the usual 90min indoor session and parkrun. Nothing today, I'm sick. :( I think I have picked up the cold from work or the train.

Keithh    16

River loop with my son for his pre season work. He did ok but it was cool in Brisbane this morning. Nice to get into the shower after and warm up !

-H-    594

Ran 13.5km this morning with my running buddy, but the weather has been too shite to do anything else. So I've been on the couch with the Roth tracker instead, loving the GPS tracking!  Plus I have a friend over there sending back photos and videos so it's *almost* like being there.

60 mins on MTB Saturday, wanted to do more laps but the single track was quite muddy and didn't want to risk a crash as I struggle in the mud with feet clipped in.

75 mins road bike with the Mrs today - couldn't keep up :blush:  I've lost a lot on the bike.

The Customer    1,277

Bashed around the Dolomites Maratona course on my TT bike then inhaled a pint of German beer afterwards whilst relaxing my glutes in a very decompressed state.  

Dolomites rock. Literally. Pics here @g_trains_tri

20170709_174737.jpg

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 8

FatPom    2,154

First exercise since Tenby.  30 min on/off run warm up then joined local Park Run and jogged around in 26.50 with a couple that did IM Frankfurt last weekend. It wasn't our finest hour:lol:

Flanman    1,090
On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, FatPom said:

First exercise since Tenby.  30 min on/off run warm up then joined local Park Run and jogged around in 26.50 with a couple that did IM Frankfurt last weekend. It wasn't our finest hour:lol:

If only I could do 26.50 running @ 100%, let alone after a race.

FM

FatPom    2,154
3 hours ago, Flanman said:

If only I could do 26.50 running @ 100%, let alone after a race.

FM

ha, ask me what I did for the rest of the day :sleep1:

• Like 1

oldschool69#2    124

First squad swim in my new postcode 3rd squad for the year and about my 10th swim .stoked but geezus it wasnt fun arms and back are sore.

And im going to have to get used to a 25m pool in winter! Going bloody dizzy!

MissJess    274

20min easy run and weight set. First back after being sick for the last 10 days! 

Keithh    16

Windtrainer intervals then a mostly comfy run off the bike. I was running along the river at west end and ended up running alongside some rowers but they were in an 8 so they pulled away fairly quickly.

Getting over my cold now so slowly feeling better.

• Like 1

Fitness Buddy    588
On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

2km jog/walk at lunch time today. Knee felt good. Super wrapped.

Wrapped?  Or rapped

Good stuff

Edited by Fitness Buddy

Ex-Hasbeen    3,754
14 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Wrapped?  Or rapped

Good stuff

The former. 

Check the Australian Informal definition.

FatPom    2,154
5 hours ago, truck said:

:o

It seemed like a reasonable idea when I started:lol:

Just finished 1hr45m run/walk nice mix of pavement and hilly trails.  

Swim later