prizna

What training did you do today?

1,502 posts in this topic

45 min swim nice and easy, followed by a 45 min run at half marra pace.  on the weekend i was up in Broome and did a nice 90 minute beach run on cable beach and a 90km ride around Broome and surrounds.

Finally back in the pool again after coming out of my chocolate induced coma over Easter.

3km. Felt absolutely shit, but good to be back in the water. Took till my last 50m rep in the 2nd part of the main set to actually swim a reasonable time for anything.

4 x 8min climbing reps on the bike, followed by a short run (10minutes)  off the bike.

9k run with 3 dogs. Started before sunrise with a headlamp - first time in 10 months so was good fun

1 person likes this

set out for a 3k swim yesterday. Out of the pool at 1300m. CBF. Got 7k run / 1hr bike / 5k run after work. 

bike-  1 x 15min at threshold, 1  x 10min threshold up norton summit, run off bike 4km in 21min.

1 person likes this

Two high speed (by MTB standards) crashes on the UNE Track this morning.

Busted my helmet, but it did its job.  Was a 20yo MET. Went and bought a new Scott from the LBS and put the bike (my wife's) in for a service as it ain't shifting too well now :whistling:

Damn I was riding like a Womble, kept missing the lines, front wheel washing out all the time (which was the cause of the two prangs on fairly non-technical but fast corners)

Limping around like a half-opened pocket knife now, but I'll come good.  Feel like a kid again with skin off everywhere :D

Edited by ComfortablyNumb
1 person likes this

53km run. 1,650m vert. Kill me now :censored2:

1 person likes this

Wanted to stay off the road this weekend to keep out of all the crap washed onto the roads after a couple of days of heavy rain - mainly giant prickles.

So I did an indoor trainer/treadmill -  (15min bike/5min run ) x 4

Watching the 1976 Paris-Roubaix.  

Most memorable line....... "a rare steak makes a substantial breakfast before a race like this"   as they tucked into big steaks before the race.

Interesting to watch - Merckx was a bit anal about his seat and bar height (and crashed out)

The cars and motorbikes were ridiculously hazrdous to the riders

Neutral service guy sat on the outside f the car going full bore hanging onto the roof racks.  When they found a rider needing a wheel, he took one off and gave it to them, they gave him the busted one, then took off and left him to change it himself. 

3 people like this

50km roll in the hills. Ride time approx 2hrs, cafe time 1hr 30m. New PR on cafe time for me. White choc lamington.

Massive, inspirational 800m swim while my daughter had swimming lessons.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, The Turtle said:

Wanted to stay off the road this weekend to keep out of all the crap washed onto the roads after a couple of days of heavy rain - mainly giant prickles.

So I did an indoor trainer/treadmill -  (15min bike/5min run ) x 4

Watching the 1976 Paris-Roubaix.  

Most memorable line....... "a rare steak makes a substantial breakfast before a race like this"   as they tucked into big steaks before the race.

Interesting to watch - Merckx was a bit anal about his seat and bar height (and crashed out)

The cars and motorbikes were ridiculously hazrdous to the riders

Neutral service guy sat on the outside f the car going full bore hanging onto the roof racks.  When they found a rider needing a wheel, he took one off and gave it to them, they gave him the busted one, then took off and left him to change it himself. 

Nice session.  

1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Nice session.  

Yeah? Cheers. I have a short tolerance of the indoor trainer so it felt good and interesting. 

18km run with every third km, up tempo. 

1 person likes this

Where's FFF - Sam?  It feels like ages since he's been here

Hey Sam, all ok??

2 hours ago, surfer101 said:

Where's FFF - Sam?  It feels like ages since he's been here

Hey Sam, all ok??

He's been on holidays and rippin up the training. 

Less trannie time more training time seems good!!

(Yeah he's all gud, just not posting)

2 people like this

I ran 17k this morning. Even I'm shocked. 

90kms down Beach Rd, second time down that way this month. That doubles the amount of Beach Rd rides I did last year.

White choc Magnum and 2 coffees.

I did a hilly 90km with a hangover this morning. I really need some chips now but I'm all out (ate them all yesterday).  So I'm going to watch Wentworth in the bath and eat cheese on toast instead.

Took all 3 dogs out to the sandhills for something different for my running. 

I used to come out here every couple of weeks and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it - it's an hour drive each way, so makes for  long session.

Not my longest running session, but it was fun.  Ended up with 5km. Did a couple of loops with all 3, then the older 2 pooped out so I went to my "bowl" - a sort of ampitheatre with a big bush in the middle.  2 older dogs lay in the shade and watched me go up and down all the insides.  The younger one would stop in the shade, wait till I was halfway up then sprint after me.  Then trot back to the shade with the others.

Quite fun actually, and a nice day for it. 

20170423_121122.jpg

Screenshot_20170423-212519.png

Edited by The Turtle
To add gratuitous gps track
3 people like this

2 hours ago, The Turtle said:

He's been on holidays and rippin up the training. 

Less trannie time more training time seems good!!

(Yeah he's all gud, just not posting)

Thats great news, good for him & thanks for sharing 

7 hours ago, The Turtle said:

I used to come out here every couple of weeks and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it...

Quite fun actually, and a nice day for it. 

You gotta do what you enjoy.  Sure it's important to do the 'training required' but you also need to fit in a few sessions that you do 'just for the fun of it'.

Pretty much all the training that I've done for the past several years has been just for the fun of it, but I've always had a few goals on the horizon that has helped keep things interesting.  Not so much this year, and my fitness has been suffering as a result of it.  The mojo's been missing for a while but I'm sure it will return...  Your posts about doing some sessions you really enjoy is motivating me to get out and do some of the things that I haven't done in years.  That'll get the juices flowing again!

1 person likes this

10k run.  Getting faster.

Prep for a half marathon