prizna

What training did you do today?

1,327 posts in this topic

Ultraman KPI session to see where I'm at

ive done this workout before my last 2 UM just to see how I'm travelling

55khilly run in 4-30hr (and I mean hilly)

2hr on the trainer with 10 mins spin 10min biggest gear holding solid UM race pace watts 180-200 all petty easy HR stuff being in the biggest gear

5x2 reps just trying to run as well as good form and my legs would let me (these are the true KPIs )

1 10-15

2 10-05

3 9-50

4 9-45

5 9-30

pretty happy with that as last UM prep I couldn't get these down below 5 min k pace 

sat was 230k hilly ride with a 1-45 hilly run off bike

fri 10k swim then 2.5 hrs of very solid trainer work

great UM Simulation weekend 

Edited by ironpo
9 people like this

pluck a duck!

3 hours ago, ironpo said:

2hr on the trainer with 10 mins spin 10min biggest gear holding solid UM race pace watts 180-200 all petty easy HR stuff being in the biggest gear

5x2 reps just trying to run as well as good form and my legs would let me (these are the true KPIs )

1 10-15

2 10-05

3 9-50

4 9-45

5 9-30

pretty happy with that as last UM prep I couldn't get these down below 5 min k pace 

Nice work mr IP

3 hours ago, ironpo said:

1 10-15

2 10-05

3 9-50

4 9-45

5 9-30

IP, I was feeling pleased and ready for Port after this morning's session long ride and brick run, til I read this. Feel like I'm training for a sprint!

I cannot comprehend coping with that volume and a full time job.

You rock.

2 people like this

100km hilly, muddy ride on the P3 yesterday. If I didn't bin that bike on that ride, then pretty safe say it handles well!  It's nice and shiny again now :lol:

Nothing planned today, it's a cracker of a day but I want to spend it with family.

1 person likes this

Your 55km hilly run was on average faster than three of your 2km reps.  Faaaark. Thats solid alright. Big weekend. 

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, The Turtle said:

Your 55km hilly run was on average faster than three of your 2km reps.  Faaaark. Thats solid alright. Big weekend. 

Arrrrrr

it was all down hill LOL

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

100km hilly, muddy ride on the P3 yesterday. If I didn't bin that bike on that ride, then pretty safe say it handles well!  It's nice and shiny again now :lol:

Nothing planned today, it's a cracker of a day but I want to spend it with family.

Nice work FP

howd the p3 go

17 minutes ago, ironpo said:

Nice work FP

howd the p3 go

It went ok thanks.  A few rattles and a bit of tweaking needed but the roads in Somerset are a pretty harsh testing ground!

I know I'm compromised somewhat on 56 and would be equally compromised on a 54 ( same with a med/large in other brands). These aren't faults of the bike, more faults of my inflexible back and a long torso. I spent plenty of time in the aero possible yesterday and felt pretty good. I have to run the seat post fairly low and saddle quite forward.

I don't think much of the FSA Gossamer crank (172.5), thinking about dabbling with a shorter crank, which will enable a slight rise and rearward shift of the saddle and open the hips up a bit.  I think I've made an error on the Fizik Mistica saddle, love the shape and the feel but went for a wide instead of standard.

Overall, I'm really happy with it, the handling is great for a TT bike and yesterday was a serious test for any bike ( I told the local guys I'm on my TT bike but they took no mercy with route planning). Two guys in our group can live with me on the flats usually, one waved the white flag yesterday and the other said it was hard work to sit on. B)

1 person likes this

6km run. 2kms with my daughter on her bike and the dog. Then I dragged the dog another 4kms, she has speed but needs to work on her endurance.

Can't even begin to list what I have eaten.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

It went ok thanks.  A few rattles and a bit of tweaking needed but the roads in Somerset are a pretty harsh testing ground!

I know I'm compromised somewhat on 56 and would be equally compromised on a 54 ( same with a med/large in other brands). These aren't faults of the bike, more faults of my inflexible back and a long torso. I spent plenty of time in the aero possible yesterday and felt pretty good. I have to run the seat post fairly low and saddle quite forward.

I don't think much of the FSA Gossamer crank (172.5), thinking about dabbling with a shorter crank, which will enable a slight rise and rearward shift of the saddle and open the hips up a bit.  I think I've made an error on the Fizik Mistica saddle, love the shape and the feel but went for a wide instead of standard.

Overall, I'm really happy with it, the handling is great for a TT bike and yesterday was a serious test for any bike ( I told the local guys I'm on my TT bike but they took no mercy with route planning). Two guys in our group can live with me on the flats usually, one waved the white flag yesterday and the other said it was hard work to sit on. B)

Nuffin better than the first ride on a new bike

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, ironpo said:

Nuffin better than the first ride on a new bike

Luckily with Flipper in tow, we always have a ton of baby wipes, so it looks new again :)

4 people like this

12km run with the youngest dog (pace undisclosed)

My other 2 dogs are getting a bit old, and tap out around 9-10km.  It's nice now the youngest is well enough trained to run really well off lead in the bush, obey everything stay close and not chase skips. He's nice company now I'm running a little longer.  I run the same set of trails and after 10 years it's  wee bit tedious.  He keeps it interesting.   He can run all day and then some!  Can't even tire him out when I'm on the bike.

(being a wobbly slow nigel no-friends, I ony run in the bush with the pups)

3 people like this

102kms with a bit over 1,600m vert. Lots of fun with good bunch of guys.

3 cinnamon donuts and a chocolate milkshake. Now to eat my bodyweight in chocolate.

1 person likes this

80km ride then 25km run, pacing my Cerebral Palsy mate. Got to be a bit of a struggle by the end so hopefully he responds well to taper and we'll be ready to go for IM.

2 people like this

3.6k bay swim, finally succumbed and used the wettie. Then 15 minutes of jog/walk at the dog park with the pup I'm looking after - it was a nice change to not be the only dogless weirdo there.

2 people like this

Now I can't move

DSC_1086.JPG

3 people like this

43k ride river loop with brekky and coffee with Ninjaman at 5ks.

2 hours ago, -H- said:

Now I can't move

DSC_1086.JPG

love your work

you'll be doing plenty of that in November  

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, -H- said:

Now I can't move

DSC_1086.JPG

I'd get that lanced if I was you. 

FM

1 hour ago, Flanman said:

I'd get that lanced if I was you. 

FM

Thats what the vet said to the dog:whistling:

2 hr solo ride today, a mix of aero time and climbing that saw me go up Cheddar Gorge and Burlington Coombe which gave me good feel for how the P3 climbs. I also experienced the first of the dreaded carbon rim brake squeal. It's pretty odd because in Mallorca I ran these wheels in my road bike with huge descents and got no squeal at all. The only difference is in the P3 I have Zipp carbon pads for Shimano and in on the Bianchi they are the Zipp Campag version.

strange:huh:

39 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Thats what the vet said to the dog:whistling:

Charming