prizna

What training did you do today?

1,300 posts in this topic

The Mrs got blown off her bike today & went within an inch of going over a 10m embankment.

I'm in trouble as I just told her to stay down on the deck till I could fire up the GoPro as it will make a good story for our holiday vid.

We've since heard of another cyclist who has ridden all over the world and pulled the pin on the Otago Rail Trail phoning for the sag wagon as she was so scared of the wind. Soft. The Mrs got back on and battled on, though we both had to get off and walk the bikes several times over one 10km section. We caught up with a group of 60-somethings who had to do similar. One woman told us she was walking her bike and the gusts were so strong, the wheels just left the ground with her hanging onto the bars and seat.

And I'm in trouble again for not making enough sympathetic noises about the Mrs left hand which no longer works so well.

But she'll be right.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

What race are you training for FB?

No race. Just trying to hit some target times over certain distances. Running is my escape

90km bike and a 4km run

Totals from Friday arvo to mid morning today are 700m short of a half Ironman. Cumulative time of 6:09 which is a 50min Pb. Pretty happy about being able to do something everyday and back it up.

Still not at IP levels but that's crazy shit

2 people like this

Did you run with a gun or have a security crew run with you?

CheersIvp

No, but we had a trip to the Township of Gugulehto where the annual murder rate stands at 304 this year and it was surprisingly in-scary. The area where we were staying is very middle class!

90km bike and a 4km run

Totals from Friday arvo to mid morning today are 700m short of a half Ironman. Cumulative time of 6:09 which is a 50min Pb. Pretty happy about being able to do something everyday and back it up.

Wow

Man you are in fire ,

Great stuff

90km bike and a 4km run

Great stuff mate, you're smashing it!

Keep enjoying it and you'll be fine, the sky's the limit.

(PS - How bout that... you've just done a Half Ironman and it didn't cost you a cent!)

2 people like this

Great stuff mate, you're smashing it!

Keep enjoying it and you'll be fine, the sky's the limit.

(PS - How bout that... you've just done a Half Ironman and it didn't cost you a cent!)

Yeah, AND....no nutrition or food. Just water to thirst. Makes a difference when you pace correctly [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji106]

Slow 24 x 25 m freestyle in the pool. Lotsa funny crunchieness still around the rib area in back and rotations weird. Sore in muscles post (good sore mostly). Will see what my physio says (or yells;) tomorrow. Oh. And a couple more 5 kms or so jogs.

Getting fat, some shirts n pants no longer fitting :(.

Edited by Mjainoz
2 people like this

Todays training:

Caught 4 trout in my 'Lake Nemesis' - which no longer deserves that title as I've cracked the Da Vinci Code on this one.

This may not sound very physical (though casting a fly into a ripping headwind on a 4wt rod gets a little intense), but it requires 5mins of sloshing through a tussocky aligator swamp (think Swamp People...minus the gators) in full neoprene waders. By the time I reach the water, or the car on the return trip, the HR is at least 140.

Still can't figure why NZers would want to leave for Oz?

1 person likes this

Romanian Dead lifts

Front squats

Pushups

Planks

Wide grip pulldowns

Bike Tabata 2 rounds.

2 people like this

What is bike tabata Parky ?

FM

Short intervals with longer breaks.

20sec very hard/40 easy as example

Short intervals with longer breaks.

20sec very hard/40 easy as example

Should be 20secs on/10 off for 4 mins (i.e 8 times through) is one Tabata... so Parkside did 16 mins of it by the sound of it...

1 person likes this

Yep that's correct. Short and sharp. 20 on 10 rest. "On" is seated sprint, cadence 120+ for 20 seconds, 10 second roll down, 8 times, 2 min easy recovery then repeat. Almost becomes spewbata by the end of the second round.

Flanny there's an app for timing it so you just listen for the beeps once you go cross-eyed

Should be 20secs on/10 off for 4 mins (i.e 8 times through) is one Tabata... so Parkside did 16 mins of it by the sound of it...

Managed a slow but steady 1 hr run this morning. Happy with that.

Slowly getting a bit of fitness back.

Monitoring my steps and intensity minutes (fenix3) per week has helped me understand where my limits lie whilst recovering from RRV.

Good times.

Although the muscle pain for 4 or 5 hours today reminds me not to try that again too soon!

Edited by The Turtle
2 people like this

AFL Nines

1 goal two behinds and a speccy. (OK fell over a teammate but managed to keep hold of the ball, very spectacular from all accounts!)

2 people like this

That running through the soft sand wrecked me. Been at a conference the last 2 days going through the expo for most of it so on the feet (which was a great change from being seated at a desk all the time), decided to forgo any training for the last few days and concentrate on recovery with the foam roller. Got a 1.5 hour run planned for tomorrow night with the same group, better not be any sand this time

AFL Nines

1 goal two behinds and a speccy. (OK fell over a teammate but managed to keep hold of the ball, very spectacular from all accounts!)

This is GREAT for business, almost better than 0/35 soccer. I've had both Mums and Dads coming in after getting smashed, popping calves, doing AC joints. It's gold.

1 person likes this

Â

Â

This is GREAT for business, almost better than 0/35 soccer. I've had both Mums and Dads coming in after getting smashed, popping calves, doing AC joints. It's gold.

How many people from F45 GYMS do you get

Ha, good question. had a large gym close down that ran massive 12 week transformations(lots of business from them) their clients dispersed among the other local facilities and an F45 popped up after their demise. Had a girl last week that went from doing 6 days a week, nothing for a year, then did the F45 7-day free trial and did a class a day for 7 days (couple of double days) and came in with exploding shins.

Apart from that no more than most of the other gyms around. Smashing people is endemic in the industry now.

Ha, good question. had a large gym close down that ran massive 12 week transformations(lots of business from them) their clients dispersed among the other local facilities and an F45 popped up after their demise. Had a girl last week that went from doing 6 days a week, nothing for a year, then did the F45 7-day free trial and did a class a day for 7 days (couple of double days) and came in with exploding shins.Â

Â

Apart from that no more than most of the other gyms around. Smashing people is endemic in the industry now.Â

Just funny as they market themselves as having trainers that cater for people with injuries who adapt exercises if the case.

Unfortunately a cert iv doesnt cover that so in essence they are making false claims.

Parky,

Ha, I'm not surprised, some old bastard goes down each week.

I only play every second week as the off week is needed for rt side hamstring recovery.

But, I haven't had so much fun playing sport for years.