Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turts

Bike set up - thoughts. As aero as possible.

38 posts in this topic

e4dc0c9b557d5c14cb5333cb3b76bf1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Your seats too high.

Willie, I'm about ready for that Lazyboy bike now, if you have one ready for me!

Finally got my TT going again, but have only been using it on the trainer this week.  Finally got to try out my zip tied btb cage, and it won't work for me :(   Need to take both hands off the bars to open the bottle up, because when I try and do it with my teeth it feels like I'm gonna pull them out.  And this morning didn't have them in at all and was totally useless trying to gum the bottle open.

Back to a parachute behind the seat, like it will make any difference to me anyway.  I don't do anything.

Why not just get a new biddon  u can open easy with your teeth

farbetter than the parachute behind the saddle , doesn't matter how fast or slow  u go it will slow u down

Edited by ironpo

But then I'd have to spend some money!  Was actually thinking that myself, but wanted to see what your (specifically your) reaction was :)

4 minutes ago, goughy said:

But then I'd have to spend some money!  Was actually thinking that myself, but wanted to see what your (specifically your) reaction was :)

Lol

i was gunn say just buy a biddon or two!!! , but I rephrased it and say just GET a new biddon

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, goughy said:

Willie, I'm about ready for that Lazyboy bike now, if you have one ready for me!

Finally got my TT going again, but have only been using it on the trainer this week.  Finally got to try out my zip tied btb cage, and it won't work for me :(   Need to take both hands off the bars to open the bottle up, because when I try and do it with my teeth it feels like I'm gonna pull them out.  And this morning didn't have them in at all and was totally useless trying to gum the bottle open.

Back to a parachute behind the seat, like it will make any difference to me anyway.  I don't do anything.

Just get a camelbak podium bottle. No need to open the bottle, just squeeze and out it comes 

1 person likes this

I don't get it, you still have to open the bottle to drink regardless of where you're storing it so why does it matter if it's behind the saddle or between the arms?

by the way if it's just one bottle behind the saddle it's not a parachute at all. 

1 person likes this

Behind the saddle or on my frame, I always leave the bottles open, ready to suck. But the one btb's dribbled unless I closed it.

8 hours ago, goughy said:

Behind the saddle or on my frame, I always leave the bottles open, ready to suck. But the one btb's dribbled unless I closed it.

Mrs IP used to do this until the chief bike mechanic got cranky about having to clean the bike after each ride as it was covered in what ever she had been drinking

now she just pulls the lid open while it's still in the cage , just before she gets it out for a drink

win win

1 person likes this

Sounds like your chief bike mechanic is a pussy!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, goughy said:

Sounds like your chief bike mechanic is a pussy!

Correct

he is also a clean freak

1 person likes this