Horowitz

WADA gets hacked by russians

16 posts in this topic

Russian hackers leak Simone Biles and Serena Williams files

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-37352326

Edit:

The hackers accessed records detailing "Therapeutic Use Exemptions" (TUEs), which allow the use of banned substances due to athletes' verified medical needs.

"By virtue of the TUE, Biles has not broken any drug-testing regulations, including at the Olympic Games in Rio," USA Gymnastics said.

Fancy Bears said TUEs amount to "licences for doping".

Edited by Horowitz

There's a few drugs on the Williams sisters' list. Praise the lord for TUEs.

Its a testament to how good these athletes are that they can be so unwell that they require multiple medications yet are still great athletes.

They really are awesome. :lol:

2 people like this

Its a testament to how good these athletes are that they can be so unwell that they require multiple medications yet are still great athletes.

They really are awesome. :lol:

Lol. I'm on 7 diff things at the moment. I'm expecting my awesomeness to be very awesome soon.

Lol. I'm on 7 diff things at the moment. I'm expecting my awesomeness to be very awesome soon.

Are 2 of them opiates & 2 steriods?

Were Wada running a census?

Everything can be hacked if it has a network cable or wireless.

Are 2 of them opiates & 2 steriods?

2 are opiates. And the others over the counter pain thingies.

The 2 are therefore banned, but only in competition. I am very much out of comp:).

I am TUE free, but am fascinated by the area. I know guys that don't have asthma, that have puffers before/during a race for example. This is obviously on the lower end of the 'what's available' for TUE spectrum, but I'd love to see, at some point in time, a 'book of truth' about the subject of drugs in sport. Maybe we are getting closer to that day.

3 people like this

I am TUE free, but am fascinated by the area. I know guys that don't have asthma, that have puffers before/during a race for example. This is obviously on the lower end of the 'what's available' for TUE spectrum, but I'd love to see, at some point in time, a 'book of truth' about the subject of drugs in sport. Maybe we are getting closer to that day.

I was totally stunned to read the ASADA guy said that I think was 245? Australian tues for 2014-2015 or something like that. I thought that was a lot. A tue in my books is a license to dope, particularly when normal puffers and thyroid meds aren't even banned. There are 'questionable' meds used by some, unethically, which are allowed to be taken. Meds that require a tue are a whole other level again.This makes me curious who these athletes could be, and from which sports.

Wiggins and Froome (salbutomol and prednisolone respectively) had their TUEs released today

http://fancybear.net/page-2.html

Froome

What is prednisolone?

Prednisolone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.

Prednisolone is used to treat many different conditions such as allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, or breathing disorders.

Prednisolone:

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17805102

Format: Abstract

Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007 Sep;39(9):1672-8.
Effects of short-term prednisolone intake during submaximal exercise.
Abstract
PURPOSE:

To examine the prednisolone's ergogenic and metabolic effects during submaximal exercise.

METHODS:

Ten recreational male athletes completed two cycling trials at 70-75% peak O2 consumption until exhaustion after either placebo (Pla, lactose) or oral prednisolone (Pred, 60 mg.d(-1) for 1 wk) treatment, according to a double-blind and randomized protocol. Blood samples were collected at rest and during exercise and recovery to determine ACTH, growth hormone (GH), prolactin (PRL), DHEA, insulin, blood glucose, and blood lactate values.

RESULTS:

Time of cycling was significantly increased after chronic Pred treatment (Pred: 74.5+/-9.5 min; Pla: 46.1+/-3.3 min, P<0.01). Pred intake significantly lowered basal, exercise, and recovery ACTH, DHEA, and PRL concentrations, whereas GH concentrations were significantly lowered by Pred after 30 min of exercise. Blood glucose and insulin were significantly (P<0.05) increased by Pred during the whole experiment and until 30 min of exercise. Blood lactate concentrations were higher after Pred versus Pla at 10 min of exercise until 10 min of recovery (P<0.05).

CONCLUSION:

From these data, short-term Pred intake did seem to significantly improve performance during submaximal exercise, with concomitant alterations in hormonal and metabolic responses. Further studies will be necessary to elucidate the mechanisms of these hormonal and metabolic changes, and to determine whether the changes may be associated with the marked performance improvement obtained.

hmmm

I'd really like a story written of all the TUE's the (insert nation here)

But happy for them to start with the Yanks then the POMS.