Mungo

Kona Advice Please

370 posts in this topic

When?

Where?

Keep it coming. What else have I missed?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'll message you later

1 person likes this

Wednesday is the Undy run......we bypassed it and drove to the volcano instead. Undy run phffft.....your nor missing much other than doing a little jog with a bunch of yanks thinking it's cool. Your better of doing the volcano as you have planned. And on the way bank ..... Go to the Southern most bakery in the USA........ Why?????..... Because it's the Southern most bakery in the USA. If not hungry...... No big deal.....just use the toilets! And then.... Talk about the Southern most bakery in the USA on forums..... For the rest of your life........ Priceless!

http://www.underpantsrun.org/about/

Thursday, October 6th, 2016 // 7:30 AM

$20

Oh you have to go to Slowtwitch party.

The Trannies party would be better. We're better than them!

1 person likes this

Just booked my night swim with NC as per IPs advice ð

When you going? We're going on the 5th of October (at this stage). Still fiddling with the itinerary.

I owe you a coffee too!

1 person likes this

Maybe we can do a tranny swim to the coffee boat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Last one there buys all the coffee/hot chocolate

1 person likes this

Go

And jump

Of the end of the world

Is that this:

"Take a Hike or a Dive

Those who require a little adventure, or an escape from the Kona craziness, can find respite not far from downtown. A seven-minute walk down a trail head at the very end of Ali'i Drive leads to a nondescript cliff that's the perfect spot for a peaceful rest or an adventurous jump. There are a couple of different ledges to leap from: The gutsiest go off the highest which requires a track start in order to launch over the ledges jutting out below. If you haven't been there before, be sure to ask someone who has to show you the way. And always check the water below to make sure it's safe enough—and deep enough—for a dive.

Once in the water, if you turn back toward where you came, there are two options: use the lull of the waves to help you latch onto the lava rock and scramble back up to where you jumped or explore the cave nestled just below the ledges."

http://www.active.com/triathlon/articles/10-things-to-do-in-kona

Don't get sucked in by people saying the coffee is better here or there.

It is all $hit in that place.

Haha. Agree.

I just drank iced coffee there. But all the hot coffee is SHIT

Edited by Peter

Haha. Agree.

I just drank iced coffee there. But all the hot coffee is SHIT

How dare you say something negative about the greatest race in the world. The Gods of Ironman & Kona will strike you down.

Cool

I hope the mantas show otherwise I'll be in strife!!!!

2 people like this

Is that this:

"Take a Hike or a Dive

Those who require a little adventure, or an escape from the Kona craziness, can find respite not far from downtown. A seven-minute walk down a trail head at the very end of Ali'i Drive leads to a nondescript cliff that's the perfect spot for a peaceful rest or an adventurous jump. There are a couple of different ledges to leap from: The gutsiest go off the highest which requires a track start in order to launch over the ledges jutting out below. If you haven't been there before, be sure to ask someone who has to show you the way. And always check the water below to make sure it's safe enough—and deep enough—for a dive.

Once in the water, if you turn back toward where you came, there are two options: use the lull of the waves to help you latch onto the lava rock and scramble back up to where you jumped or explore the cave nestled just below the ledges."

http://www.active.com/triathlon/articles/10-things-to-do-in-kona

That's it

And doesn't cost a cent, like most of the great things on the big island

Cheers

Ivp

This vid is very cool and shows jumping off the end of the world, even shows AP at about 33 seconds

Edited by ironpo
1 person likes this

After watching that again , I'm off to pack my bags

Love that's place

Edited by ironpo

Cool

I hope the mantas show otherwise I'll be in strife!!!!

You go again for free if they don't

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I reckon the coffe is fine in Kona. The grow coffee on the Big Island and serve espresso style coffee. Not sure where else in America can claim that. It's their drip/ filtered coffee that is lame.

$6.00 per cup though is a bit steep.

Re: Underpants run.

There are a lot of heroes who are there to show off, but where else in the world do you see hundred of super fit people running down the road with not much on! Madri Gras maybe. But I wouldn't count this out as an interesting and unique spectacle. It's for charity, Huddle and Roch Frey are inspiring guys, there is some funny underpants on show, and for this reason you can ignore the vanity.

Jaded souls may dismiss it, but it's part of Kona week, so get along and have a look. It's more interesting than Parade of Nations from my experience.

IM Expo, again may be commercial, but it's by far the biggest of it's kind in the world. Get along.

Path Run, the week before is a good event.

If you have kids, the kids race has some upcoming superstars for all countries, so get the kids into this

1 person likes this

Yeah I'm doing the undie run. That should be enough to keep most people off here away.

I reckon the coffe is fine in Kona. The grow coffee on the Big Island and serve espresso style coffee. Not sure where else in America can claim that. It's their drip/ filtered coffee that is lame.

$6.00 per cup though is a bit steep.

Re: Underpants run.

There are a lot of heroes who are there to show off, but where else in the world do you see hundred of super fit people running down the road with not much on! Madri Gras maybe. But I wouldn't count this out as an interesting and unique spectacle. It's for charity, Huddle and Roch Frey are inspiring guys, there is some funny underpants on show, and for this reason you can ignore the vanity.

Jaded souls may dismiss it, but it's part of Kona week, so get along and have a look. It's more interesting than Parade of Nations from my experience.

IM Expo, again may be commercial, but it's by far the biggest of it's kind in the world. Get along.

Path Run, the week before is a good event.

If you have kids, the kids race has some upcoming superstars for all countries, so get the kids into this

Totally agree, it's great fun

But looking at crAnkys tight schedule , if it's the undies run or the volcanos NAT park then it's gotta be the NP

1 person likes this

Yeah I'm doing the undie run. That should be enough to keep most people off here away.

I'm already feeling sick!!!!!

Cheers

Ivp

The helicopter tours leave a nice hole in the bank account!!

So does "Triathlon".

Worth it though

send me the ones u are interested in and I'll give u a run down of each flight