Niseko

Islam

396 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Have you heard the one about the modern day left comparing hard line and moderate islam to hasidic and moderate judaism and the new right to a bunch of equally passionate nationalists from Berlin in 1936..?

More false equivalency bullshit. 

Of course any internet discussion ends up with a comparison to Hitler. But if ever it is apt on this topic it is to compare the expansionist Violent and crush any descenting view mentality mindset of Islam with the same in the Nazis. 

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

Well that was a frustrating 15mins. 

There re are so many logical and historical holes in that talk that if it was a block of Swiss cheese it wouldnt have any cheese in it at all. 

I don't think that I was trying to say that Christianity is worse/equal to Islam ....

How do you even manage to make such an argument??  how do you rate blowing up people (islam style) against tens of thousands of kids being raped?  Is nutcase Islamic bombings any better than bombdings from IRA catholics (which was only 20 years ago....)?   Is not nutcases like Anders Breivik just as bad as that guy in London who stabbed the policeman?  which is worse? is their some score-sheet?  Is it based on body count? or long term impact? etc etc

Is the 'worse' one the one that gets reported the most on TV?? 

Is this mentality:

image007.jpg

better or worse than this:

article-2684147-1F77DA6E00000578-342_634

I guess I get frustrated that we always have this discussion about how terrible Islam is as a religion, and how it has issues that Islam needs to deal with in some way within itself (if that makes sense).....  The presumption being that Islam is the only religion that has issues...

At the moment Islamic nutcases certainly have the medal for most horrific public events

Doesn't meana ll is honky-dory in the world of Christianity though ...

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, TryTriB4Forty said:

how do you rate blowing up people (islam style) against tens of thousands of kids being raped?

Nobody is suggesting that Christianity (and the Catholic church in particular) does not have issues to address.  But if you want to go down the moral equivalence path, I would submit to you that the number of kids raped by Catholic priests would be far less than the number of lives lost to violence mandated by the Koran and Hadith

In any case, it's a bit strange to mention the rape of kids when the prophet of the religion you are defending was married to one...

8 hours ago, TryTriB4Forty said:

I don't think that I was trying to say that Christianity is worse/equal to Islam ....

At the moment Islamic nutcases certainly have the medal for most horrific public events

I've come to the simple conclusion that they're all sh!t. The world would be a better place without them.

5 people like this

14 hours ago, TryTriB4Forty said:

I got the impression you were saying 'yes Islam has problems but what about Christianity.' And hence deflect the attention away from valid, and much needed criticism of Islam. 

How do you even manage to make such an argument??  how do you rate blowing up people (islam style) against tens of thousands of kids being raped?  Is nutcase Islamic bombings any better than bombdings from IRA catholics (which was only 20 years ago....)?   Is not nutcases like Anders Breivik just as bad as that guy in London who stabbed the policeman?  which is worse? is their some score-sheet?  Is it based on body count? or long term impact? etc etc

Yes there are are ways to work out what is worse. Anders Brevik was a one off. There have been maybe 1,000 Islamic terrorism attacks compared to that one Christian act of terrorism. 

Who is to say 1,000 terrorism attacks are worse than one? Well I think most people.  

Is the 'worse' one the one that gets reported the most on TV?? 

Is this mentality:

image007.jpg

better or worse than this:

article-2684147-1F77DA6E00000578-342_634

I guess I get frustrated that we always have this discussion about how terrible Islam is as a religion, and how it has issues that Islam needs to deal with in some way within itself (if that makes sense).....  The presumption being that Islam is the only religion that has issues...

Well I think if you could sit down and have a talk with those two people you'd soon work out which one is likely to be 'worse' than the other. 

Ask that sort of hot and most definitely free and empowered American bird:

- What do you think should happen to people who draw a picture of Jesus and publish it?

- What do you think should happen to gays? Apostates? Adulterers?

- Should men and women be allowed to sit together?

- Should women be allowed to choose their own husband? Should they be allowed to be educated the same as men? Should they be allowed to drive cars? Wear what they choose? 

And then ask your ISIS man in the pic the same questions and maybe you can pic which of the two is likely to cause more problems. 

And if  Oh can clear your mind of the overly PC bullsit the Australian media and society have made you feel you're bad person unless you swallow. And then realize why I call the bullshit Fairfax, most TV stations and you are pedaling here as false equivalency and holding us back from a brighter future for the planet. IMO Islam is a much bigger threat to our future than climate change

People aren't saying that Islam is the only religion with problems. You just read it that way.  But it does have big big big problems. And one of them is the inability to accept criticism. With an array of tactics specifically designed to prevent criticism it remains strong. It uses things including murder, blasphemy laws, terrorism and the word Islamaphobia, its an expert at avoiding critique. And with today's SJW putting being offended on the same level as murder they are being played like a guitar by Islamists. 

Islam actually needs all the criticism it can get. 

Edited by Niseko

:lol::lol::lol: what planet are on? You do realise stress is the biggest contributor heart disease? Are you willing a short life on yourself???

Edited by The Customer

31 minutes ago, The Customer said:

:lol::lol::lol: what planet are on? You do realise stress is the biggest contributor heart disease? Are you willing a short life on yourself???

So now you are concerned with my health.  I'm touched. 

Inshallah I will lead a long a healthy life. But hopefully not too long because if the civilised world keeps turning the other cheek to Islam the whole planet will be an Islamic shithole in 2-300 years. And I'm doing what little I can to prevent that happening while I'm alive but they seem to be pretty much futile, so I'd prefer not to be around to see it actually happen   

Edited by Niseko

No need to worry, Niseko. I'm living your worst nightmare and it's really quite agreeable. ;)

So ironic how you never engage on the actual topic. 

Seems to be indoctrinated into Islamists and you've caught the Taqiya bug. 

Come to think of it ive never seen you write one word suggesting there is any problem at all with Islam. Or critiseit at all.

all I ever have read from you is praise. 

Whether otherwise incompetent pampered oil rich retards in the Middle East enjoy their lives or not is not my point. Nor whether the lackeys they hire live comfortably or not either  

Im talking about issues of bigger substance. 

Edited by Niseko

2 hours ago, Niseko said:

Edited by Niseko

20 minutes ago, Niseko said:

So ironic how you never engage on the actual topic. 

Seems to be indoctrinated into Islamists and you've caught the Taqiya bug. 

Come to think of it ive never seen you write one word suggesting there is any problem at all with Islam. Or critiseit at all.

all I ever have read from you is praise. 

That's because most of the Muslims I've met are kind and friendly people. If I had reason to say the opposite, I would. Simple.

Never felt so safe traveling around the ME. Traveling to US? Now that's another story. 

19 minutes ago, The Customer said:

That's because most of the Muslims I've met are kind and friendly people. If I had reason to say the opposite, I would. Simple.

Never felt so safe traveling around the ME. Traveling to US? Now that's another story. 

Right so your own comfort and safety is paramount I get that. 

But what if you ask all these kind and friendly people you speak of what they think of:

- FGM - very likely they have arranged it for their own daughters or condone it  

- Acid attacks or honour killings if their daughter shames her family by falling in love with the wrong guy. 3 acid attacks a day in pakistan alone  

- What is the correct punishment for people who insult Mohamed or Islam by drawing a cartoon? Over 90% likely think the Danish cartoonist deserve to die  

- What should be done with homosexuals, atheists, christians or apostates. Most will suggest death as a reasonable punishment  

Im sure you know the answers to these questions. And yet still you defend defend defend. And refuse to utter one word on criticism of these beliefs. It's kind of amazing how an outspoken proud strong women like you has been brainwashed. Amazing and pathetic. 

Edited by Niseko

Islam is not a problem. Christianity is not a problem. Dogmatic application of the respective books and practices are. See post above where Indonesian muslims are preparing to cane two men and the trial of a political opponent for blasphemy.

Christianity has a poor track record. Right now fundamental christendom as represented by the USA is not applying this dogmatic practice. Some significant parts of the Islamic world are.

Defending or distracting from the argument by saying but the other guy is worse is a well trotted out but low integrity response, generally reserved for corrupt and morally bankrupt.

The caliphate mob are not called christian state. Assad is ironically head of a party that calls for moderate islam and secularism. And he pops chemicals on his own people.

Human rights watch declared Bahrain record on human rights as dismal

1 person likes this

What some of you are not getting is the link between religion and culture. Unfortunately Islam is prevalent is some pretty "this century challenged" countries and the practices reflect this. Some of the more unpalatable practices that are being attributed to Islam are actually practiced by the Christians in those countries too.

Also bear in mind the power vehicle of religion to further the goals of politicians and others with an ideological axe to grind.

I certainly don't want to defend Islam, or indeed any other religion - not my cup of tea really - but I wish you would understand that there are bad people and there are good people - irrespective of the race, color creed or religion.  Share the love, man....  

1 person likes this

Well said Pete, can we close the thread now and leave this dead horse to rest?

1 person likes this

Yep sounds like a plan. 

Thanks everyone for your input and opinions.