Go Easy

Trail Running

138 posts in this topic

UTA100 for me. 4th one but first on the new course configuration. 

Just did IM and have pulled up ok so far. Will aim for sub-15. 

UTA100. First one. Just aiming to finish. Ideally sub 17 so before midnight. 

Wifey's 10th UTA100 - only female to do all 10. 

Hope she's quick we're on a 1.00 p.m. Sunday flight to Europe to do a spot of running in the Alps.

2 people like this

Looks like there are a few changes for the 50 and 100 for tomorrow. 

As for me, 22 done and dusted, unlikely I will do again! I prefer road running over that distance.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

Looks like there are a few changes for the 50 and 100 for tomorrow. 

As for me, 22 done and dusted, unlikely I will do again! I prefer road running over that distance.

Well done, thats a serious trail - I heard is was cold & fog at the start

Edited by surfer101

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, MissJess said:

Well done Jess.  Am surprised you prefer road running over trail running but I guess we're all different.  I guess I still like a mix of both.

How'd all you others go?  It looked like it ended up being a nice day up there.

And what about Lucy Bartholomew winning the UTA 100k in 10:52 on her 21st Birthday...  That's a sensational result, and she seems to be a really nice person too.

Well I finished in 17:45 but that was hard. My slowest UTA by 2:30. It was death by stairs for me. So many stairs!

2 people like this

14 hours ago, Go Easy said:

Well done Jess.  Am surprised you prefer road running over trail running but I guess we're all different.  I guess I still like a mix of both.

I don't mind trail running when the trails are dry, or a little wet, but it was so slippery in there I could not get much momentum. Federal Pass was a mess, you would put a foot down and slide. So just ended up walking like everyone else.

Add crazy elevation changes and the fact that I could not train for it (no-one to train with), made it something I would not do again. Easier just to run road.

1 person likes this

I was a DNS. Daughter admitted to hospital on Friday so pretty much no option. (She will be fine). 

Kudos to those who did it. Tough distance with a tough course in tough conditions. 

Met Lucy B in Pace briefly one day. She was just hanging out. Very very low key and seemed very nice. Was thrilled to see that she won. 

1 hour ago, PaperMan said:

I was a DNS. Daughter admitted to hospital on Friday so pretty much no option. (She will be fine). 

Hope she recovers ok.  Great seeing that you've got your priorities in order, there'll always be plenty of other races.

1 hour ago, PaperMan said:

Met Lucy B in Pace briefly one day. She was just hanging out. Very very low key and seemed very nice. Was thrilled to see that she won. 

You wouldn't pick it eh!  She just seems to love what she does and really appreciates being able to do it.

2 people like this

Wife did her first 100. Impinged her fat pas in the knee early so probably walked 20km more than would have. No buckle but finished!