Riddos

AFL 2017

335 posts in this topic

You need a Coffs Pete pep talk too Jeff!

What can he say to "pep" me up?

Anyway fortunately I'm at Busso this weekend so can't even be tempted to go to the game!

As a carlton supporter I have been wearing my supporter shirt all week. If only I had the courage (stupidity) to bet my mortgage payment on carlton winning against freo in Perth. If freo go 0-8 does ross lyon get fired?

Lyon is signed till 2020, but finishing contracts early is possible.

IMO he's cursed. Case in point, his stint with St Kilda. He'd be a great assistant coach....for the Werribee 2nds

Think it's safe to call it early, sensational win for GWS. Got all the skills but happy to deal with the physical stuff when needed.

How's the depth?! Still haven't played any of their top 3 picks from last years draft, Hopper (arguably best midfielder in the draft), Matt Kennedy and Himmelberg.

Only spot they are slightly vulnerable is tall defenders (and need Mumford to stay fit), but have enough tall forwards that they could move one back for a few weeks if they had to.

Now hoping Richmond can produce something watchable tonight.

Edited by Riddos

Is the Top 8 set after 6 Rounds?

Hard to see it changing much. Suns could make a run with a healthy squad (and no suspensions) but starting to wonder if that will ever happen.

Big game between Suns and Demons next weekend to try and be best of the rest.

Pretty much, West Coast for me is the team most likely to fall out of the 8 due to their poor record on the road. Having said that though, can't see the Demons or Suns doing quite enough to get there so will be a close run between the 3 of them.

Pies I've pencilled in for another 9 winnable games (depending on which side actually turns up) which will take them to 11 for the season, not going to be enough for September action. With the draw if they can snare another one (possibly Hawthorn resting players in round 22 - ala North Melbourne in 2015), they might just be in contention

Tough school. Can get to a Granny, just can't win one. The Brian Smith of the AFL.

I was thinking similar thoughts about Hardwick.

He looks to have peaked at Top 8, but doesn't have the tools to go better.

Look at the Warriors in the NBA, knifed Mark Jackson after their most successful season in ages, but went all the way with Kerr.

IMO, no point being "nearly there" especially in the AFL.

Oh jeebus!

I just checked the matchups vs the Dawks.

I'd rate Dusty over Stratton and Jack over Brand.

Maybe a couple of break evens, but we're soundly out gunned all over the park.

Batchelor on Rioli is a total joke.

Hampson in the squad is laughable.

Bruest could kick 6 on Ellis.

Mitchell will eat McIntosh alive.

Dawks coming off a thumping will be up and roaring.

I'm not looking forward to this.

Carlton winning streak. Two is a streak right? Right?

Ok its a real streak. Three is a genuine streak. Go blues. My year is now complete. We beat Essendon and Collingwood

1 person likes this

Classic to see Eddie going on about the Giants, he only went and gave them the Pies 2016 First Round draft pick in the Treloar trade.

Looking like it could be a top 5 pick at this stage.

Will be interesting to look back on a few of these 'Trading Future Year Picks' in a few years time.

Edited by Riddos

Will be interesting to look back on a few of these 'Trading Future Year Picks' in a few years time.

As long as they don't go down the NBA path of "protected" future picks they should be okay.

Fyfe out for the season. It's a shame as you want to see the best players on the park no matter who they play for.

Sam Mitchell looking good for the Brownlow? I had a rough punt on Dylan Shiel but think the GWS players will all be taking points off each other.

Fyfe out for the season. It's a shame as you want to see the best players on the park no matter who they play for.

Sam Mitchell looking good for the Brownlow? I had a rough punt on Dylan Shiel but think the GWS players will all be taking points off each other.

Jarrod Waite might be a smokey for a forward to pinch it for a change

Â

Jarrod Waite might be a smokey for a forward to pinch it for a change

He'd be real handy at Carlton this year

TOOT TOOT! Tiggy Train!

AFL live app on my phone, but the most magnificent thing I've ever seen on a 5 inch screen.