Riddos

AFL 2017

322 posts in this topic

Still coming to grips with my pies not being bottom of the ladder after that - (well I want to call it a performance, but there wasn't much performing so not sure I can), the ray of hope for season 16 is still there. Although if they perform like that again, Essendon is going to be alot more competitive on Anzac day than we all thought

I'm not taking too much out of round 1 yet, Carlton is a worry though if they get going like that each week, good to see the doggies get such a great result. Think we are going to see Hawks depth get tested this season, will be the big question on how well they go.

Did anyone catch the footy show last night? Did they give a reason why their new host wasn't on the show? I joined in a bit before 9 and took me about 15 minutes to twig that she wasn't on the show.

Sam's spray about the drug use was interesting. I'd agree with most of it right up to the point where he claimed Essendon players were innocent.

1 person likes this

A few tipsters going the Pies ($2.18) v the Tigers ($1.71) tonight.

Form is nothing much at this time of year, but I do have the Tigers winning.

A few tipsters going the Pies ($2.18) v the Tigers ($1.71) tonight.

Form is nothing much at this time of year, but I do have the Tigers winning.

Will be nice to hear more about the match. Riewoldt 3 goals in the 4th, but Pies put on pressure

right up to the siren.

Richmond put the Richmond in Richmond and pissed a game away.

Had momentum and a decent lead then played dead and lost.

Again. :shit:

Don't worry though, we gave our coach a contract extension before the season started, so we're heading in the right direction.........

:taz:

On another note - I'd take young Moore in a heartbeat and can see why we wanted Treloar.

Both kids came up big.

Richmond put the Richmond in Richmond and pissed a game away.

Had momentum and a decent lead then played dead and lost.

Again. :shit:

Don't worry though, we gave our coach a contract extension before the season started, so we're heading in the right direction.........

:taz:

The board will be highly thrilled with Hardwick. Despite enormous expectations, the

leap to bridge the gap to the 4 is still huge.

And every year they still struggle to balance the books, so they are doing ok. But ok, this current

group of players maybe should have taken the club a bit higher. Maybe they still can

I am now EDITING, only now I noticed the Pies won the game on a 31st minute goal.

Edited by Kamal2

That first half was up there with the most error prone in history. The pre game from Carey, Richo, Ling et al was all about how perfect the conditions were and how someone would kick a bag. Then both sides missed every 2nd target and dropped easy marks all over the shop.

The second half was thrilling (except for Tyno). I was willing the Pies over line for my teams sake. I have written off the Pies so I want them to take the odd scalp still of the finals candidates.

Bruce Mc is struggling with Pendles serving up some average footy. If Cyril goes cold there could be trouble.

Rance had a shocker, have not really seen him have a game that justifies his AA selections.

Starts on Cloke, Cloke gets in the game before moving up field.

Rance goes to Moore, Moore gets going

Rance on Fasalo, we know how Fasalo went in the second half

That Short guy is going to be one to watch though, don't get many better starts than that and be able to say your first touch was a mark on Pendles and a goal.

Reid was a welcome return back, you could see he just made the defence that much better with his decision making

Can we swap Reid's with you, Cotton?

Where is Blair? You have some exciting smalls for sure. Cloke must kill you though.

Rance had a shocker, have not really seen him have a game that justifies his AA selections.

Pick any game Vs Buddy.

I think he misses Chaplin, they worked well together.

I think our structure over uses Rance now.

He went from being a total spud with ball in hand, to using it OK, but he's not the kind of guy to be the bail out option for the back 6. Which is what he seemed to be last night.

The moves of players would have been impacted by Grimes going down, again.

Rance is not a bloke who can go with small forwards.

Moore will towel up a lot of back men in the years to come.

Bombers win. Dees made a lot of fundamental errors leading to gifted goals and so did we. As such,

it was a decent game, not great, but did illustrate that both clubs must improve.Dees in particular fooled around with the ball in defense, and that's usually fatal.

Daniher had a few highlights, one classic screamer. And a few more where the Dees

did not contest or spoil adequately.

Edited by Kamal2

New season prediction:

Freo will not win a game but Nat Fyfe will come second in the Coleman. :-/

Suns were impressive last night, quality mids and solid key position players at either end, and they don't just shovel the ball straight to Ablett every time now. They have Blues and Lions next so could be sitting on a decent start to the season.

And Fox Footy have a good new commentator in Adam Papalia who also does 6PR Perth radio calls, based in Perth he's flown PER>MEL for Fri night, MEL>PER for Sat arvo, PER>MEL for Hawthorn vs West Coast today, then finally home MEL>PER.

Per Neroli Meadows (Freo Fan) on twitter...

Incredible stats after 2 rounds - Ross Lyon's Freo have conceded 229 points. Dogs have conceded just 74.

It should be interesting to see how the rule changes play out. Swans, Freo and to a lesser extent Demons under Roos have been happy playing footy with a gazillion stoppages.

I haven't seen the stats but the quarters appear shorter so less creeping around the boundary line with 44 players within a kick either way shovelling it out. The rule change is great for spectating.

Giants putting the Cats to sword impressively. Great legal shirtfront by Mummy and a hanger by WHE in the space of a minute.

Swans. Big win. Still not convinced their defence will be up to the task once they meet a good (well ... very good) midfield.

Giants putting the Cats to sword impressively. Great legal shirtfront by Mummy and a hanger by WHE in the space of a minute.

How's the tipping going? Ffs

Very scary to see the Eagles go down like that today. #nightmare

I did notice that during the round one game against Brisbane, the back line form and movement was very "2014"..... Which is a very very bad thing. Gaining possession and bombing it out WILL NOT AND DOES NOT WORK in the modern game.

I hope we can turn it around. And a level headed tipster would seriously back Freo next week.

This is the year!

I can feel it in my bones!

Next year is the year!

I can feel it in my bones!