Riddos

AFL 2017

342 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Is there footy this year?  I am having a gappy from it........

Seems like Eastern Sydney is.

Lid = ON.

Hope the man of sticks is busy.

2 people like this

I honestly felt sorry for you Tyno.  Fantastic game and overall I believe we deserved to win but the elation of thinking you'd taken it with 20 second to go and then see that happen...only Richmond could do that to you.

As for us?  Knowing we had something in the bag further than five minutes out would be a nice change.

1 person likes this

As a currently Brisbane based Richmond fan I try to get down to a game at the MCG each year. Just got back from this years trip, a great weekend spoiled somewhat by the Tigers after the siren loss to the David Mundy/Freo  goal.

Life got in the way last year and I missed the trip down to Melbourne, the previous years trip had been, yep you guessed, the Freo game won late on by Mr Mundy. Think I'll pick a different match next time we are drawn to play Freo (or Mundy if he moves clubs)!       

First game for a female umpire this weekend. 

Leaving the nrl behind yet again. 

Cool to see former basketballer Hugh Greenwood making the Crows team for Saturdays game vs the Lions, good luck to him. 

Is this a new record?  Can Dimma get out of this one?  Is there a more mentally soft football team anywhere or more depressed fans?

They were a stray finger away in all honesty.  Must just be bad juju. 

1 hour ago, Stikman said:

Can Dimma get out of this one?

I really hope not. 

I've been thinking, I really should tick "YES" to the "Do you have a mental illness?" question if I'm honest with myself :(

Edited by Tyno

The message is that you can intentionally seeing an elbow at someone's head as long as you're lucky enough (or unco enough) too miss.  If you accidentally connect and give the game a bad image it's a hanging offence.

I reckon both actions were worth the same penalty.  Only luck separated them.

If it had been 4 weeks, early guilty plea for 3 weeks, I don't think anyone really bats an eye.

Good on Tommy Bugg for taking the heat off Bachar.

All the journos who used their Hall/Staker comparisons last week must be fuming they've gone early.

And Bugg will get 6+ without question yet the difference between that and the Wil Schofield incident is a matter of millimetres.  Intentional seeing to the head, one hits and one misses.  Bugg should argue he was trying to miss...and missed.  Worked for another player once.

:cheers: Oh we're from Tiger land.... :)

Just back from a cracking finish to the Cats Giants match.  

Great viewing ground from the top deck at Spotless.  Top amenities and food vendors etc.  Very impressive first visit there.

Last 10 mins was great with Razor Ray just itching to get into it.  Crowd going nuts by the end.