Peter

Trump is the President

825 posts in this topic

OMFG.  Ok, I guess I know it's "technically" different, but PS Spicer has come out and said that not even someone as despicable as Hitler used chemical weapons on his own people.......

Point completely missed. They arent viewed as their people as tge wrong brand. The region is a shit show. 

Goughy you beat me to it.........seriously........WTF

image.jpeg

Sure, there are people now trying to qualify what he said by saying that "technically" he is correct because it wasn't the same has and it wasn't used in the battlefield blah blah blah. But who is so stupid to make any statement like he did...... you just don't do stupid things like that. It's say it was unfathomable he made that statement, but we've learnt unfathomable is not a word they believe in.

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Point completely missed. They arent viewed as their people as tge wrong brand. The region is a shit show. 

But then Hitler didn't view the Jews as his people either.

2 hours ago, goughy said:

Sure, there are people now trying to qualify what he said by saying that "technically" he is correct because it wasn't the same has and it wasn't used in the battlefield blah blah blah. But who is so stupid to make any statement like he did...... you just don't do stupid things like that. It's say it was unfathomable he made that statement, but we've learnt unfathomable is not a word they believe in.

maybe Spicer was referring to the 'alternative facts'....?

I think the issue with Spicer (and Trump) is that they make spontaneous 'off-the-cuff' comments ....

I mean, in essence that is a part of his job .... but a good political spokesperson (everyone from the mayor to the US President) has very tightly controlled messages and they rehearse all these scenarios and have pre-prepared answers to likely questions.

This would be especially important for the White House ..... as everything they say is scrutinised the world over and can also impact on markets/defence/etc.

If you listened to the longer recording of Spicers comments (including the bit where the press gallery pull him up on his comments about chemical weapons) he does realise immediately that he has made a mistake and says something like "thanks for allowing me to provide clarification" and then tries to use some clever wording about how Assed delivered chemical agents via missiles and this is different to the way Hitler did it so essentially it is not the same use of chemical weapons on the battlefield ....

It was a clumsy cover-up ..... but the bigger issue is the fact that a guy who has the sole job of speaking to the media hasn't rehearsed this stuff to death and doesn't stick to well thought out and crafted messages.....

In my view, if you are talking to the world as a representative of the White House and the President of the USA, you should probably avoid off-the-cuff remarks .... especially about things as important as the justification or military action.

According to the inter web his salary is $176k per year.  Seems a little low for the mouthpiece of the leader of the free world.

if it's true Donald will know you get what you pay for.

37 minutes ago, Wronggenes said:

According to the inter web his salary is $176k per year.  Seems a little low for the mouthpiece of the leader of the free world.

if it's true Donald will know you get what you pay for.

My understanding was that he's not actually receiving that salary

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

My understanding was that he's not actually receiving that salary

We'll find out when his tax return is released, oh wait...

2 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

We'll find out when his tax return is released, oh wait...

Like the one MSNBC released which showed he paid a higher rate than Obama, Sanders and... MSNBC?

lol

He's certainly seems happy to let the military have their way with the world. Ol' Kim Jong will be bunkering down I reckon

there both crazy megalomaniacs so anything can happen. 

Northkorea cant win whatever theydo. 

They are 1962. Even Western Australia is more advanced. 

Most of their shit won't work. Mind you only one has to get thru to mainland usa or even japan for a win. 

Yeah, but right now they'd have to paddle it there, like riding a canoe.

And not trying to belittle their danger, but they are building old school icbm's, not cruise missiles.  Our navy could probably knock those things out of the sky, let alone most other of the 'super powers'.

Check out this woman on twitter, some interesting info......

47 minutes ago, goughy said:

And not trying to belittle their danger, but they are building old school icbm's, not cruise missiles.  Our navy could probably knock those things out of the sky, let alone most other of the 'super powers'.

The Chinese know how to build an effective nuclear ICBM, and recovered Nth Korean rockets have revealed current-tech Chinese components being used. The west has no exclusivity of  intelligent people, it's only resource access that's limiting them. Whilst ever China continues to allow trade with Nth Korea and allows state-owned business to exchange technology, Nth Korea will get there soon enough on both missile and warhead fronts. This is why it's critical for the USA to get China more involved, than trying to police it themselves.

I like to look on the brighter side of things..........

1 hour ago, goughy said:

I like to look on the brighter side of things..........

If Team America World Police taught us anything, it was that North Koreans were just puppets and even a catfish could stop them

1 person likes this

Trump exposed fibbing about where his destroyers were.  They were playing with the Aussies!

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, The Turtle said:

Trump exposed fibbing about where his destroyers were.  They were playing with the Aussies!

Trump??? Not being entirely honest?

I don't believe it!!!!!

I am just ....... lost for words!

38 minutes ago, TryTriB4Forty said:

Trump??? Not being entirely honest?

I don't believe it!!!!!

I am just ....... lost for words!

I know! Shocking isnt it? Thas why i just had to post about it