Peter

Trump is the President

777 posts in this topic

That Eulogy was pitched directly at the young people of that generation. A 20 year old Hilary Rodham. A 21 year old Donald Trump. A 27 year old Bernie Sanders. Their generation has had much of the power and influence in America for the past 40 years. What a mess. Their last chance to redeem themselves?

I think in reality an American president isn't as powerful as you think. He has a huge team of advisers that are essentially telling him, not advising him, on how to run the country especially in regards to military matters. It amuses me when people pillorise George Bush jr and attribute all of the USAs military controversies down to his decision making. It doesn't matter if its Donald Trump, or Big Bird from Sesame Street, the President of the USA is simply a puppet about as powerful as the butler that fetches his slippers for him.

Yeah but Nah. All presidents have practiced self restraint to a large degree. Even dubya. Self restraint simply doesn't apply to Trump

That Eulogy was pitched directly at the young people of that generation. A 20 year old Hilary Rodham. A 21 year old Donald Trump. A 27 year old Bernie Sanders. Their generation has had much of the power and influence in America for the past 40 years. What a mess. Their last chance to redeem themselves?

Yes. It's interesting watching people hit middle age, pollies or not, self included. An alarming number slip into mental illness of varying degrees of severity. Often it manifests as a sudden shift to fairly extreme left or right wing views. Not hard to see which way Trump has gone.

I think Trump will be good value. America needs a good laugh and a good change.

Look at Obama....or better still listen to him and he is full of big statements with no substance. Makes me cringe every time I listen to him.

They give all these NRL idiots a second chance....Maybe the Trumpster needs a chance too.

Maybe ...just maybe he will have the balls to do all the stuff that the others can't ...or will have a good go on the negotiating table. There's a lot that not good about America.............. Trump would not be at the top of that list........not yet anyway!

Isn't the problem in particular with Obama that he's had a hostile senate, or whatever it is? I mean, if he had a hostile senate, meaning they are all the kind of republican nuts that like Drumpf, I can see how nothing is getting done. There'd be no meeting some of those people in the middle.

And a genuine question here. Not trying to be sexist or racist. But can America go from it's first black president to it's first female one, or is that just to 'radical' for them? Or by breaking the wall with Obama, does it not matter any more?

And a genuine question here. Not trying to be sexist or racist. But can America go from it's first black president to it's first female one, or is that just to 'radical' for them? Or by breaking the wall with Obama, does it not matter any more?

Honestly if the sex or race of the person is a voters main consideration, then they should be stripped of their right to vote until they learn some common sense and take the duty seriously.

2 people like this

Honestly if the sex or race of the person is a voters main consideration, then they should be stripped of their right to vote until they learn some common sense and take the duty seriously.

OK, you do realise I'm talking about america here right?? The country where Drumpf is leading for the republican candidate! Common sense clearly doesn't come into it.

I am not surprised about anything that happens in America ..... I don't see a reason why they wouldn't elect a female President after the first black President.

Having said that, the whole country appears to be based on some type of reality TV type format. Everything there seems batshit crazy to me ... the outcome of the election could be anything ... it COULD be a female President, but then again it COULD be President Drumpf ....

You can't take anything in the US for granted, and you can never assume common sense about anything.

Anyone got the name of a publicly listed armaments company in the States. Might get on 'em now. If Trump wins he'll go batshit crazy on arms expenditure "making America great again" and again and again blah, blah

one thing (the only one?) appealing about Trump is that he is sticking it to the lobbyist groups and financial backers of the conventional republican party.

This could just stop the shameless channeling of public money (taxes) into private industry (arms and aerospace) through wars and militiary intervention as "encouraged" by special interest groups. Thus the biggest dick in world politics could actually make one of the best possible differences on a global scale...

Who'd've thought world peace could be brought about by a racist with a ferret on his head....?!

if he gets in, which i think is better than 50 50, strap yourselves in. Hillary is nice, but she cant campaign, just seems so fake.

If it becomes a Trump vs Hillary campaign, I can't wait to hear what the Donald has to say about the Clinton family on the campaign trail....

I wonder how long it takes for Trump to bring up Lewinsky, for example ....

It will be damn entertaining!

Last Clinton presidency left a bad taste in her mouth!

With Trump on a roll, the news is reporting "moving to Canada" as the highest trending search LOL

They will wake up soon and realise the gravity of the situation if he is elected. Either that or I will wake up.

Russia, China and the UK must be laughing in their boots.

FM

Reporter on the project was telling about this last night. Said he spoke to a man around Xmas who was going into one of Drumpf's offices to get some supporter placards to put on his front lawn. The guy had no great reason for why he would vote for him, and the reporter asked him what it would take for him to not vote for him. He said Drumpf could come to his house and do a great big turd on his front lawn and he'd still vote for him.

I hope Trump gets in and does stuff like

* Release the official report that a sekrit service guy accidentally killed JFK

* Answers about Roswell 100% either way.

* Say the moon landing was a hoax or not.

* Prove Obama wasn't born in the USA

* Proof that President Franklin Roosevelt knew in advance about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii in December 1941

now all that would be cool and he is the guy that would be happy to release all that stuff.

Rubio has dropped out, this is starting to get beyond a joke now. Do the american people really want that nutcase with a thumb over the nukes?

I think Trump has won 4 of the 5 primaries declared today?!

From what I heard on the news this morning it almost puts him into an unbeatable position for Republican nominee...

But apparently there is a lot of talk of how the Republican party will deal with it...... will they let him become their rep for the White House? Can they stop him? funny times!

Can they stop him?

As in the rep party just say nup, we are putting up someone else.

Edited by Peter

Yeah, I heard that they can take it to the party caucus/conference (or whatever they like to call it) over the summer - but this usually reserved for when there is no clear winner between two or more potential candidates....

What they were saying on the radio this morning was that the party could come up with a scheme where other republican candidates stay in the race, purely to split the votes going to Trump. Then they could come up with some reason why the decision on the candidate would need to be made at the party conference over the summer.....and Tadaaahhhh....its not Trump....

But he's pulling more than 40% of the vote in some primaries (he got 46% in Florida....). So surely if they dump him in that sort of fashion they will piss a lot of people off?!?!

And if Trump is a clear winner from primaries..... it be a difficult decision to make. Why go through the whole primary process if the party internals decide the candidate anyway?!

And Trump has said he would run as an independent anyway ....

Could be an absolute disaster for the party ...

(as a thought, perhaps they should have some mechanism up front where they can veto anyone putting their hand up for primaries.... I mean, this could have been avoided at the start if the Republican party didn't let him get this far. Although, maybe there was an option to kill off Trumps run early but no one took it because Trump couldn't possibly get the nomination ..... right?!)