Peter

Trump is the President

777 posts in this topic

So is he basically the Republicans selection now?

Edited by Peter

Forgive me. I thought I was in the sandbox. Pls move

Mind you he could buy WTC and then do kona by himself and become world champion.

Wouldn't put it past him

1 person likes this

The 80:20 rule exists because 80% of the population are extremely stupid. America will vote this imbecile into the White House. They will go from history maker to an embarrassment. I will not travel there* again, on protest, while he is in office

(*contiguous States only)

1 person likes this

It would show the perfect example of 'anyone with the money can buy the presidency'. We'd wish GBjr was back in office! In all honesty, it's a scary scary thought that he could actually do it! Like, genuinely scary.

1 person likes this

It would show the perfect example of 'anyone with the money can buy the presidency'. We'd wish GBjr was back in office! In all honesty, it's a scary scary thought that he could actually do it! Like, genuinely scary.

If he sat in a meeting and said

Let's blow them off the map.

I'd assume the military leaders would actually say no.

It will be interesting to watch. From afar

If he gets in I will be getting Put options on all my shares.

FM

Selling calls as well, or expecting a rally in the short term ?

The problem with democracy is that even f******* idiots get to vote. The US is disproportionately over represented in this regard, particularly on the conservative side.

1 person likes this

I think the further problem in the US (and UK) lawman is that voting is not compulsory, so the first job of a candidate is to convince people to get out and vote - increasingly they do this by targeting the extreme nutcases in their party (the gun toting, bible bashing, immigrant hating, god loving folk in the case of Trump). it probably easier to convince some gun-loving dude to go and vote if you whip them into a frenzy about how the government is coming to take your guns .....

In the UK its the same on both sides of the political spectrum - you've got the far right, immigrant hating, little Englanders voting for people like UKIP/Farage, and the far left voting for Corbyn.... the people in the centre feel disenfranchised by the politics and just ignore it.

Atleast when you know that voting is compulsory (Australia) politicians will have to fight for the centre vote. As Turnbull said not too long ago, its often the 'sensible centre' that decide election outcomes.

In the US the 'sensible centre' often don't even turn up to vote .... so we see politicians appealing to the outliers that will turn up coming polling day.

Also, just because Trump got New Hampshire, doesn't mean he'll win the remaining primaries to become the Republican candidate, let alone get elected to the oval office .... ALTHOUGH, this is America, where any crazy-ass thing can happen.... so who knows? I thought Trump would have been out by now....

With regard to Trump and his chances at an IM ... surely that hair would have to go? What sort of aero disadvantage would he have with that big mop waving about up there?

Another interesting thing I heard in an interview the other day (some high ranking US republican former advisor).

She was saying that if you think Trump is crazy now, wait until he starts to lose primaries in a few states

She reckons that if things start to go bad for him, he will not be able to back away from the microphone quietly and predicted he will go down swinging saying more and more outlandish things as polls turn against him...

... He might be crazy, but be geez its entertaining ....

The best thing about Trump is all of the Doomsday preppers are going to look bloody intelligent in another year or 2

I think the further problem in the US (and UK) lawman is that voting is not compulsory, so the first job of a candidate is to convince people to get out and vote - increasingly they do this by targeting the extreme nutcases in their party (the gun toting, bible bashing, immigrant hating, god loving folk in the case of Trump). it probably easier to convince some gun-loving dude to go and vote if you whip them into a frenzy about how the government is coming to take your guns .....

I think that the first job is to win over their own party and become the nominee.

Republicans seem to have developed a pattern of presenting themselves as the most extreme contender, so that no one is left in any doubt about their position, and then backing off the extreme rhetoric once they win and become the nominee.

Trump is a Democrat plant sent in to ruin all chances of the Republicans winning the Presidential election. He won't get the bible belters so won't win the big race.

Hillary has too many connections to corporate America and will not help the average American, Bernie would be good but he doesn't have enough connections to corporate America, so Hillary will win.

Trump is a Democrat plant sent in to ruin all chances of the Republicans winning the Presidential election. He won't get the bible belters so won't win the big race.

Hillary has too many connections to corporate America and will not help the average American, Bernie would be good but he doesn't have enough connections to corporate America, so Hillary will win.

Unless Bloomberg makes a late charge and wins the lot

Speaking of late charges, what is Perot up to these days?

I like the 'Trump is a Democrat plant' thing ... I've heard others say this - I guess the only explanation for such a crazy guy getting this far in the race is that its all a set up ...

How's this for a thought:

My father-out-law has a theory that the soapy/TV series produced by a country are the best indicator of what they are truly like.

He states that the UK is accurately reflected in their soaps like Eastenders and Coronation Street where its a dreary place and people are battlers always getting involved in little ridiculous dramas (he is British born and bred, by the way).

He said Australia is best reflected by neighbours and home & away, where people tend not to care too much provided that the surf is good and the cricket is going our way.

he reckons America is best portrayed by shows like Desperate Housewives, Dallas and the Bold & the Beautiful - big, brash, lots of money ... and story lines that are so outlandish they could never happen in real life....

it seems to me that he might be on the money, except that Trump getting in as President would be such a wildly ridiculous storyline that no one would have ever dreamt of writing it down ....

it seems to me that he might be on the money, except that Trump getting in as President would be such a wildly ridiculous storyline that no one would have ever dreamt of writing it down ....

maxresdefault.jpg

1 person likes this

I Have some friends in California and they are Republicans and they are not voting for trump. Lets hope they get some sense in the USA other wise there is a chance.

I still think it will be a Hillary Vs trump battle,

Will be interesting to see what happens if the republicans get in and the USA goes in to a recession

And Try, Google it, from the Simpsons in the year 2000,

Perhaps for your theory, the US is better served by cartoons. First South park saying Jenner was a woman years before the change, now this. Hate to think of any Peter Griffin thoughts become reality

If he gets in I will be getting Put options on all my shares.

FM

I'd be more worried about what a Sanders presidency would do to my portfolio