bulldog

Shimano SH-TR9 Triathlon Carbon Road Bike Shoes - Blue

16 posts in this topic

Now if they could just do the loops that the straps run through in stainless (or Ti :smile1: ) like I say to their rep every time I see one so that the damn things did not rust so much (the shoe is for triathletes afterall and we are often coming covered in salt water even before the whole sweat thingy). The whole black paint thing got sad ten years ago - it is not just that they eventually rust through and break, it is that they "swell" as they corrode and impinge the travel of the straps.

My favorite shoes, but they could be better.

I wonder if they read here?

These are officially on sale now. Hoping to get pair to test drive real soon.

1 person likes this

But if the samples come in 43 and can turn up in Brisbane, you already have my address. :)

The answer to the question of my shoe size?

Help me out hitchhikers. .

Pretty sure you're about my size roxii. A 44.5 in bike shoes. but depending on fit, a 44 or 45 may suffice :P

Hey Roxii did you ever get a pair of these to try?

It's shimano Australia

He's probaly still waiting !!!!

No I didnt, not long after that was when everything went to crap on the home front so wasn't front of mind.

1 person likes this

Does anyone have a pair of these? If so what are your thoughts?

I have a wide foot and have 4 pairs of Northwave at the moment (road, tri, mtn and a spare pair on trainer) and they fit well. I plan on buying another pair of NW but may throw these in the decision making list if they fit a wider foot.

Open to any other suggestions.

I know this has been discussed before, but not for sometime and newer options may be available.

Thanks all

NSF

On 10/10/2015 at 10:20 AM, trifun said:

Now if they could just do the loops that the straps run through in stainless (or Ti :smile1: ) like I say to their rep every time I see one so that the damn things did not rust so much (the shoe is for triathletes afterall and we are often coming covered in salt water even before the whole sweat thingy). The whole black paint thing got sad ten years ago - it is not just that they eventually rust through and break, it is that they "swell" as they corrode and impinge the travel of the straps.

My favorite shoes, but they could be better.

I wonder if they read here?

For about the past decade I've been asking every Shimano rep I meet to do just that.

Though when they "swell" you can carefully file them back with a jeweller's file,

first up though rinse your bike and shoes as soon as you get back to your bike in the transition area after the race (I use any water left in my bidon/spare water bottle for run start for this) - contact points are the main places (esp after a salt water swim) ie: arm rest pads (the bolts underneath will thank you), seat (and seat post binder bolt) shoe fasteners and the pedals (pivot points and adjustment screw/spring - destroyed a pair of sweet had layup cf looks once by forgetting to do this, the pivot pin corroded and swelled and fractured the carbon!)

PS: I like my tr9's - they match my roady (thanks wiggle) 

15 hours ago, Notsofast said:

Does anyone have a pair of these? If so what are your thoughts?

I have a wide foot and have 4 pairs of Northwave at the moment (road, tri, mtn and a spare pair on trainer) and they fit well. I plan on buying another pair of NW but may throw these in the decision making list if they fit a wider foot.

I need wide cycling shoes. I could not find anywhere in Perth to try on the wide versions of the TR9 or RP3. I ended up buying the wide RP3 for $80 from Wiggle. It is wider than standard cycling shoes and I leave the front velcro strap quite loose.

1 person likes this