Sign in to follow this  
Cottoneyes

NBA

Stikman    1,282

And Kobe rounds out his 20 years career with 60 points and 25th game of scoring 50+

When I stopped really watching US basketball Kobe was in his last year of college and I remember thinking "this kid could be anything when he learns how to pass the ball." Maybe now he's retired he'll try to pick it up?

Tyno    1,322

Warriors roll to victory without S Curry today.

Klay cancelled out Harden.

Iggy stepped up.

Can't see them losing 4 of 5 from here.

sme1414    205

When I stopped really watching US basketball Kobe was in his last year of college and I remember thinking "this kid could be anything when he learns how to pass the ball." Maybe now he's retired he'll try to pick it up?

Did you mean high school?

Riddos    99

Thibodeau gets the best coaching job going with the super talented young T-Wolves team.

And they've got another high draft pick coming in June.

While Phil Jackson stuffs around trying to find someone to run his triangle offence for the Knicks rather then going after the best coach available.

Kamal2    231

He did not play college ball, drafted out of HS. Like KG, Moses Malone. The Rainman, Sean Kemp, Le Bron, they were all No. 1 picks out of High School.

Tyno    1,322

Spurs & Cavs both sweep Rd 1.

Warriors 3-1 up, but possibly 2 weeks* of no Curry.

*No way it's 2 weeks, but MCL will limit him when he does come back in.

sme1414    205

The Clippers are done. No way they get out of the first round without Paul and Griffin. GSW should be able to cruise by Portland without Curry

Cottoneyes    737

Space Jam 2 is starting to gather some pace, looking forward to it.

In other news, hanging out of the 15/16th. Perfect day will be Suns getting pick 1 or 2, and the Lakers getting picking 4+

sme1414    205

Space Jam 2 is starting to gather some pace, looking forward to it.

Â

In other news, hanging out of the 15/16th. Â Perfect day will be Suns getting pick 1 or 2, and the Lakers getting picking 4+

That would just be mean

Tyno    1,322

I still see GSW getting through this round, but it's is looking tough for them to go much further without Steph.

Or even with a partly fit Steph.

D Lillard loves playing GSW!

Spurs with a bit of a fight on their hands after smashing OKC in game 1.

Cavs favourites for mine.

Riddos    99

Sounds like the freshen-up has done Steph Curry some good, 40 points inc 17 in overtime!

Cottoneyes    737

Yeah, after a bit of a slow start, he just lit it up in OT.

Too busy writing his MVP acceptance speech during the normal game time

Tyno    1,322

Spurs now in the hole against the Thunder.

Is Pop actually being out coached?

Riddos    99

Heats vs Raptors playing out more like The Hunger Games then a basketball series, Cavs should smash what's left of whichever team goes through.

sme1414    205

Heats vs Raptors playing out more like The Hunger Games then a basketball series, Cavs should smash what's left of whichever team goes through.

Cavs are on fire right now. Love James and Irving are finally playing well together.

Kamal2    231

Time has come.

I'm taking an interest and will be watching games from now.

Not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread, but Luke Walton was named as HC of the

Lakers.

Daddy Bill Walton Hall of Famer all 7 ft of him, with both ankles fused was out here around 2002.

He got into mountain biking and was riding a custom built 29 'er with his ankles strapped in. I

would like to say I met him, but did not get that far. We saw his vehicle with bikes on top and

got the story from LBS owner...Port Stephens, can't recall his name.

Cottoneyes    737

Shattered...

76ers 1st pick

Lakers Second

Celtics third

Suns currently 4th, 13th and 28th picks, expect to see them trying to trade picks + players with 76ers or Lakers to get 1 or 2. We seriously need Simmons or Ingram, beyond that expect to see the picks traded for a ready to go power forward

Riddos    99

Trying to find the where the Knicks ended up, oh that's right they traded this years pick for Andrea Bargnani, what a disaster of a move.

76ers get their number one pick, last thing they need is another big guy that can't shoot. Can see them taking Ingram, leaving Lakers to take Simmons, baring any pick trading.

T-Wolves can pick for need at number 5, think they'll have a good few years coming up.

Cottoneyes    737

I kind of get the impression reading between the lines that Simmons long term has plans to be the Lakers new star, so would expect to see trades done to get him there even if he was not selected by them, possibly even after a few years.

Saw a funny graphic on instagram today where someone put together the starting five team of current players all selected with picks the Knicks had traded away, was quite a good team

Cottoneyes    737

Knicks rumoured to be taking Hornaceck as coach. I actually rated him as a coach with the Suns, only deficiency was stupid front office moves and injuries leaving him with a sub standard roster to work with. Hope history isn't going to repeat on him at the Knicks