Oompa Loompa

TA Integrity and drug testing age groupers

341 posts in this topic

Yeah I agree with RS

Test the top 5 of each age group irregardless of finishing time.

You get top 5 (Kona or ITU podium places) you give blood and urine or you get a dnf.

AG testing does and is occurring at events. This is a good thing.

Random testing not a bad idea.

Blowing three out of competition tests on one dude is waste in its best form

1 person likes this

I feel like these testers (and those ordering the tests) are smarter than some here give them credit for.

2 people like this

Owning body is ta, the test is controlled by asada

That didn't answer the question. CA doesn't pay for cycling doping controls.

That's interesting Alex, I'm not sure.

The paperwork shown on the test being discussed here says it was requested by TA.

Surely the Associations must be responsible at some stage for costs as that is the excuse they generally use as to why they dint do enough.

If ASADA foots the bill and the Association doesn't get charged they could request lots of tests couldn't they?

Worth investigating I reckon.

The paperwork shown on the test being discussed here says it was requested by TA.

Surely the Associations must be responsible at some stage for costs as that is the excuse they generally use as to why they dint do enough.

If ASADA foots the bill and the Association doesn't get charged they could request lots of tests couldn't they?

Maybe the reporter in you could ask TA this.

Has anyone thought about this?

Â

I wonder if you could get tested if you were not a member of TA (or any relevant governing body) outside competition?

Â

If you purely bought day licences, would that mean you could only get tested on race day?

Â

Â

** edited to remove the bold **

I have and my thoughts are they couldn't...... there is no nexus between competing and just living.

Would be a grey area once entered for a race but as it is a "one day affiliation" to the sport they'd be up hill gardening an any day other than race day. I think there are rules about come backs etc and length of time prior to competing but not sure if that's only for pros or includes age groupers too.

The right to be tested is for "athletes" defined in the Act so if you are not a member of a national association or entered in a race, I can't see how you can be defined as an athlete. TA membership is a weird one, the coaches membership includes the right to compete or did when I last had a coaching membership so it potentially makes you a coach and an athlete.

I'm not a lawyer but it's governed by the asada act and relevant regulations.

I'd ask ASADA directly if the targeting is impacting on your family and business.

There's a difference between providing anti-doping intelligence to ASADA for better targeting of testing, and contracting ASADA to perform anti-doping activities (e.g. as some football codes do). There is no line item in CA's financials for conducting dope tests. CA does do anti-doping educational activity but doesn't pay for testing.

Of the 6000 tests ASADA performs about half are govt funded and half user pays.

I just checked ASADA's annual report and I note that TA is one of 21 sports admin bodies that has a user pays arrangement with ASADA. CA does not. So that answers my question.

If people have evidence of an abuse of the anti-doping intelligence system, it should be reported to ASADA CEO Ben McDevitt.

I'd be happy to pay a fee to be tested at x periods of time a year. Random dates. You'd probably need 24 hour notice and a few exceptions allowed ie travelling etc

Not that it matters at the moment. Lol. If ever.

You'd probably need 24 hour notice and a few exceptions allowed ie travelling etc

Which would make it pointless.

I'd be happy to pay a fee to be tested at x periods of time a year. Random dates. You'd probably need 24 hour notice and a few exceptions allowed ie travelling etc

Not that it matters at the moment. Lol. If ever.

You can already do this, it's called putting yourself into the biopassport and whereabouts program and paying the associated program fee, which is circa $10k/year.

As for 24 hours notice, indeed any notice, that renders testing rather pointless. You already get to miss a couple of whereabouts checks/tests in a 12 month period.

Any knocks the door this week Facta?

hahaha,

I've been in hiding...

Staying at a different address every night...

Any knocks the door this week Facta?

Would have been good working for ASADA this weekend and getting the trip to Hamilton Island for the Super League.  

1 person likes this