Arpit

The good news thread

394 posts in this topic

I didn't know people still played that

I remember someone saying the same thing about Triathlon. :)

2 people like this

Off to Mallorca tomorrow for a week of training at the Stephen Roche camp. Taking my shiny new aero wheels (let's hope I can stop!).

I 'might' even go for a swim :shocking::schnauz:

what wheels did you get ?

Mjainoz, I bought some Zipp 404 Firecrest clinchers. Very impressed with them so far, rode in some insane winds in Mallorca and stayed upright! They seemed to climb ok (unlike the rider) braking is good as is handling.

Meet my grand daughter, Savannah Rose. Born 11.51pm 21 April. 7 pound 5 oz. All well.

Resized_20170425_135620.jpeg

5 people like this

I didn't know you were an old bugger!

Congrats (and commiserations on being old)

Steady on Goughy.........not that old!!

1 person likes this

Nice one Ayto. A good starting weight in life. Be very proud. 

FM

Hey @Flanman not sure if this passes as good news or not, but last week my sister says, "I saw you tagged on a friends facebook page!!" 

She worked with your Mrs :lol: ...  Andrea Moss 

Small world. 

FM

1 person likes this

Gotta say I'm super proud of my 15 year old daughter. 

She is doing really well at school but is generally a typical lazy teen who whinges and moans if I dare ask her to walk the 100m or so to the local shop to get bread or milk. 

So her school entered the relay for life and she thought she'd go along partly because my mrs survived cancer but mainly because she liked the idea of hanging out with her friends and getting to stay up late. 

Well she kicked off at 10am Saturday and was sending us txt updates saying she was still going every hour. 

This kept going through the night and the little bugger ended up walking the whole 24 hours solo. She also was the youngest person to walk all 24 hours and also ended up with the furthest distance of any solo competitor walking over two marathons. 

Im sure she still won't walk to the shops for me though :lol: 

8 people like this

My baby daughter Lola Sue was born three months too soon but fought like a tiger and is now 9 months from her birth date / 6 months adjusted and is thriving, needing not medical assistance at all. We just got back from a trip to Australia were we had a naming ceremony for all the family to meet her where she and her Mum entered through all guests in an arch to Circle of Life and then they did the Lion King lift while standing up on the park bench. 

As you can see I the photo her 23 year old big sister and her get on great  (I bookended my reproductive career) .

Now back in Singapore and living in our flash new pad with live in helper and I'm working about 10 hours a week and the dog just arrived from Japan to make our little family complete. The dog does get jelly af of Lola getting the bones though - he's too old to chew them now and she loves em. 

Im not racing at all this year, so no training plan hanging over my head all day, and the Mrs is done with tris so less family competitive stress   

We've still got our stresses like everyone and who knows when shit will turn bad but lifes pretty good for now. 

IMG_4316.JPG

IMG_4320.JPG

2 people like this

Very cool Niseko

Mind you, I bet the dog is not as jealous about the bones as I am about you only working 10hrs/week!

1 person likes this

I'm not sure if this qualifies as good news but some might think so. Didn't seem important enough for its own thread.

Screenshot_2017-05-25-05-53-50.jpg

So she had the guts to fess up to using performancing enhancing drugs???? Is that what he means?