Arpit

2015 Good news thread

379 posts in this topic

3 sisters springs Central Florida

There was a National Geographic article on it last year. Brilliant photography, and incredible place. Bit of pressure being placed on the manatees though.

10928883_10205723059178409_1634650106310

and the day before snorkel with 900kg Manatees.

c'mon Parky...

everyone can see that is just Clive Palmer in the Coolum resort pool...

Maybe not newsworthy, but I saw the Foo Fighters last night and their cover of AC/DC's "let there be rock" was f*cking awesome!

1 person likes this

Am loving my new job. Left Disability Services after nearly nine years and move to Education; specifically early childhood and focusing on the transitioning of the 0-8 year kidlets into school! Don't have my own kids, so maybe this is my giving back. Still busy, but not a stressful, reactive, or crisis driven! :-)

4 people like this

We had a baby!

He is perfect. I am now on parental leave which involves dropping #1 at childcare (stroller with scooter board) and then sitting on the couch watching telly all morning while he sleeps on my lap. After lunch, Mum comes home from work and I go out & train.

He doesn't cry. Just eats, shits & sleeps. He is also ridiculously adorable.

9 people like this

We had a baby!

He is perfect. I am now on parental leave which involves dropping #1 at childcare (stroller with scooter board) and then sitting on the couch watching telly all morning while he sleeps on my lap. After lunch, Mum comes home from work and I go out & train.

Name????

We had a baby!

Congrats dude....

There is only one thing for it... Start a poll on here with the top 5 choices and let us decide.

We had a baby!

Great news Ozzybuds. I'm still catching up on stuff I'd missed.

Got a name yet? I guess you've got a lot to be excited about, will we meet the young bloke in Port?

Yes! He will be at Port, along with his big sister who will have just turned 2.

He should have a name by then :)

1 person likes this

Yes! He will be at Port, along with his big sister who will have just turned 2.

He should have a name by then :)

You could name him after the winner

You could name him after the winner

I thought you had 60 days to register the kid along with the name. Might be cutting it a bit fine to wait for a winner!

Good news?

I jumped out of plane and lived!

Awesome! That is so much fun. I did it 11 years ago. Would love to do it again but a bit hesitant now with 3 kids. Stupid head. I must be getting old! !

Awesome! That is so much fun. I did it 11 years ago. Would love to do it again but a bit hesitant now with 3 kids. Stupid head. I must be getting old! !

Even more reason you should do it.

Well, after four days of agony for the parents how great was it to hear they found the young bloke in the bush in Victoria? I must say I'd pretty much given up hope they'd find him alive but it truly brought a tear to my eye when I heard he was alive and (reasonably) well. My son is the same age and I can't imagine the pain of him going missing in the bush for 4 days.

Great work by the police, volunteers and search crews.

6 people like this