Arpit

2015 Good news thread

379 posts in this topic

That jimmy fallon interview with Nicole Kidman has to be one of the best YT videos I have watched in a while.

3 people like this

For the cricket (actually non cricket as well) fans - head over to espncricinfo on the monthly magazine section. There is a very nice article on the growing influence of cricket in Afghanistan and it is one of the only common themes among the warring tribes. The photo of thousands rocking up to cheer their rag-tag team of unknowns coming home after qualifying for the worldcup brings bigger emotions in me than India's win in the last world cup/

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/816417/desert-rose

I think one of the biggest highlights for this years cricket world cup for me is the qualification of Afghanistan to play the big boys. I hope they stick it to them. A lot of countries can learn from them when it comes to passion for the game.

a mate at work told another little story of New years day. They were having a game of cricket at the foreshore - mainly for kids with some adults. a little boy rocked up out of nowhere and just started fielding. after a while someone got out so they gave him the bat - he couldnt bat much, then they asked him to have a bowl - couldnt do that either - but he looked very happy playing the game. My mate later found out he was one of the kids of Afghan refugees and he felt he could have given them a bit of a bigger role in the game. I still think they boy got a nicer new years gift than what he may have received in the years prior.

Edited by Arpit
1 person likes this

This time next year I'll be a full time athlete (retired from work anyway)

1 person likes this

An old(er) bloke just won the Two Bays Race (28km option)!!

Go the old(er) blokes!!
2 people like this

Well the other day while I spent my day snowsurfing fresh powder with mates, doing a 90min trainer session to Hitch and a 3.6km swim, I spent 20mins in the clinic and diagnosed one tricky ACL and cleared another that our physios were unsure of. Then after training had a fine Belgian Beer and a French cocktail and the best Alaskan king crab and oysters on the planet for dinner with some ten year old Rockford Riesling.

Then checking the books saw that we broke our one day record for total revenue. And the sweetest of that revenue was the 50% of the Y8,000 one hour massage fee that Ironman Asia CEO spent in our Niseko clinic. After depositing thousands to WTC over the years, I feel the ledger has now been evened up somewhat. #takethatWTCyoumoneygrubbersyou.

It was indeed a fine day.

Boast over. That is all.

"A long term study of almost half a million americans has found that coffee drinkers are one-fifth less likely to develop malignant melanoma."

You do need 4 cups though. I'm sorted.

My daughter, who is 19 months old. Coasted properly on her balance bike the other day. First time she had the confidence to lift both feet up without me holding on. Pulled a face like she was on a roller coaster and let out a big "wooooooooo" noise.

Having kids is so awesome.

3 people like this

My daughter, who is 19 months old. Coasted properly on her balance bike the other day. First time she had the confidence to lift both feet up without me holding on. Pulled a face like she was on a roller coaster and let out a big "wooooooooo" noise.

Having kids is so awesome.

Good Stuff....

patiently trying to teach Miss 6 (step daughter) how to ride her bike without training wheels.....took pedals off for a bit...so she could use it like a balance bike....

cant wait for the day it all just clicks and she can just go off and ride...without training wheels....feels hard to explain how to do something that is so simple to us that we have been doing for 30 odd years....

but similar aspect the day at swimming lessons and she learnt she could let go of wall and let go of teacher and not drown...watching that was priceless....(stuff their real dad is too much of a scumbag to be part part of....oopps was that my outside voice :sleepy: )

Couldnt stand the movie past the 3rd song after I realized it was a "musical" but this looks alright

Mom is alright too...

Edited by Arpit

That jimmy fallon interview with Nicole Kidman has to be one of the best YT videos I have watched in a while.

watched it real time on TV over there, all 4 of us were crying. He is very very good. His show is tucked away on ABC 2 at 11pm over here.

Yes because we must watch more reruns of Big Bang Theory on prime time...

His show is tucked away on ABC 2 at 11pm over here.

Usually on around 8 pm or so too, not sure if the same ep in both timeslots though.

1965605_10205742554945791_32112320892792

I was lucky enough to see this launch at Cape Canaveral a couple of weeks ago. It was sicker than gastric.

Usually on around 8 pm or so too, not sure if the same ep in both timeslots though.

Did you see his duet with Neil Young last night?? Wow.

Edited by Parkside
1 person likes this

1965605_10205742554945791_32112320892792

I was lucky enough to see this launch at Cape Canaveral a couple of weeks ago. It was sicker than gastric.

Totally out of this world...

10928883_10205723059178409_1634650106310

and the day before snorkel with 900kg Manatees.

Was that at the freshwater ponds? i can't remember their names.