Arpit

2015 Good news thread

379 posts in this topic

as the title says - post any good and uplifting news you read, hear, come across during the course of the year in this thread. We have plenty of threads going for all the shite which goes on this world - about time we start one for all the better things which happen as well.

I'm positively fed up of the plane crashes, murderous crazies, stampedes and all the other crap which media seems to only care about these days. Surely there is a lot more to this world than just sadness.

Hope to see 365 pages of good news by the time 2016 rolls on..

Post On trannies.

2 people like this

I've already exceeded my training volume from the first quarter of 2014

:)

I tried to make an appointment to give plasma at the Brisbane Blood Bank, and they could not get me in before 16/01/2015. That means they have full books for donations for the first 2 weeks of the year. Unheard of in my previous experience.

4 people like this

The world will return to its natural order, and Qld will once again win the State of Origin Series. :)

2 people like this

They better not have bloody given him mine!

On a good news point, I get a new set of choppers (hopefully not second hand)

Left my phone on the train this morning. Rang my number when I got to work, and a bloke named Martin answered and said he had picked it up

I'm tapping this out on the way back into the city after swapping my phone for a $10 scratchie. Hopefully karma will look after him

5 people like this

A few of you may recall that about 4 months ago I had my Mountain Bike stolen while I was spending a few days in Hospital recovering from a race.

Well, I got a phone call a couple of days ago from the owner of a local bike shop who wanted a loan of my TT bike to fit a lady who was looking at buying a new bike but was concerned about the sizing. So when I took my TT bike into his store today guess what had just been dropped off for a service... my old Mountain Bike & my sons girlfriends bike (which had also been stolen).

Some guy had apparently noticed them in a Lake out near our place and fished them out. When nobody had claimed them he figured he'd get them serviced and take them to his beach house. I'd only been in the bike shop a few of times in the past couple of years. What's the chances!

3 people like this

This was on a different thread but I'm so blown away by how selfless this post is I thought I'd share it here. I hope the writer doesn't mind...

On a good news front: I haven't caught up with my ex for about 7 years, and have had no news in that time as I've moved cities and our lives just don't intersect any more - but the other day, Facebook was showing me pictures of people I should be friends with (!) and I was thinking: I don't know any woman with that name... but hang on, I do know someone in that photo... Her profile is a wedding photo of herself and my ex. Anyway, they both looked great, and very happy and healthy - something which he really wasn't during the time we were together. That made me very happy; he is a lovely guy who deserves the best - which is something we just didn't manage to bring out in each other. I didn't Friend her on Facebook though!

What a wonderful sentiment. It takes a special person to feel that way - very uplifting.

Edit: - Sorry, got distracted.

What I was going to say was that for many years I have been telling my wife (who I do love dearly) if she should ever find someone who she thinks can make her happier than I can then she has my blessing. She's a lovely person and she deserves to be happy.

Thank god she hasn't found anyone yet, as I'm not so sure I can be as strong as the person quoted above :shy:.

Edited by Go Easy
1 person likes this

Nice. So how did old mate feel about giving them back to you?

He would have probably had a good claim for them as it had been 4 months and he had supposedly reported them to the police. Although, it's interesting because the serial numbers of the missing bikes had been given to the police so you'd think they'd have let us know - obviously not.

I knew who the guy was, a local businessman, and the bike shop owner was keen to give me his number for me to chase it up with him. But I said that it probably wasn't fair to invade the businessman's privacy as he probably hasn't really done anything wrong. Anyway the bike shop owner contacted him to give him my number and he just said to give the bikes back to their rightful owner. I don't want to say too much but let's just say that Karma is alive and well.

2 people like this

Just sitting out on the deck at the caravan and a possum came down for a feed closely followed by three sugar gliders.

Possum is currently comfortably perched in our bird feeder.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/jackson-newman-gave-his-sixth-birthday-cake-to-cfs-volunteers-fighting-the-adelaide-hills-bushfire-because-it-was-a-nice-thing-to-do/story-fnl1ee8j-1227174871883?nk=01d905be4d4d7d4d440a24b1f15c6e63

Jackson Newman gave his sixth birthday cake to CFS volunteers fighting the Adelaide Hills bushfire because “it was a nice thing to do”

Courtesy -H-

Edited by Arpit
2 people like this

He would have probably had a good claim for them as it had been 4 months and he had supposedly reported them to the police. Although, it's interesting because the serial numbers of the missing bikes had been given to the police so you'd think they'd have let us know - obviously not.

I knew who the guy was, a local businessman, and the bike shop owner was keen to give me his number for me to chase it up with him. But I said that it probably wasn't fair to invade the businessman's privacy as he probably hasn't really done anything wrong. Anyway the bike shop owner contacted him to give him my number and he just said to give the bikes back to their rightful owner. I don't want to say too much but let's just say that Karma is alive and well.

Nice. But crap job by police given you gave them the serial numbers.

Good news.

Every Monday when I have to put the bins out (a small job I used to whine to myself about....). I remind myself I can walk - cause for 4 months in 2014 I couldn't.

Even better news. MRI last week showed further improvement Happy days.

Edited by Mjainoz
2 people like this

Nice. But crap job by police given you gave them the serial numbers.

That's why I put that he 'supposedly' reported them to the Police... I can't really be sure if he actually handed them in, or if he just let them know that he'd found them. The bikes aren't really worth that much, and after a dip in the mud puddle we call Lake Albert they are now worth even less, so I guess they probably weren't too bothered about them.

Good news.

Every Monday when I have to put the bins out (a small job I used to whine to myself about....). I remind myself I can walk - cause for 4 months in 2014 I couldn't.

Even better news. MRI last week showed further improvement Happy days.

Excellent news. Like I keep saying, it's all about perspective!

1 person likes this

I was just coming on here to post about all the good news stories coming out of Adelaide in the midst of the devastation of the bushfires in the Adelaide Hills. My FB feed is full of stories about donations of food, money and other assistance to the CFS volunteers and the residents who have lost animals and property in the fires. It warms my heart to see such community spirit :thumbup:

1 person likes this

I was just coming on here to post about all the good news stories coming out of Adelaide in the midst of the devastation of the bushfires in the Adelaide Hills. My FB feed is full of stories about donations of food, money and other assistance to the CFS volunteers and the residents who have lost animals and property in the fires. It warms my heart to see such community spirit :thumbup:

Bicycle Express are doing a Poker bike ride to raise money. Donate $50 to one of three charaties & show the tax invoice for free entry. Not sure how it will work but I think you need to ride to 5 different business in the Adelaide Hills (cafe, bakery etc) buy something & they will give you a playing card.

Ride back to the bike shop & the person with the best poker hand wins prizes etc.

I think it's a great idea to support both the local business's & charity's.

1 person likes this

MJA, if you'd like to feel REALLY good, you can put my bins out too!

Lol as long as there is some room for my excess I'm ok with that ;).