nealo

The Mental Health thread

Mental Health   296 members have voted

1. 1. Do you suffer from a mental illness?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - yet to see a doctor about it
  2. 2. Do you know someone who suffers a mental illness

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know but suspect they do

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,786 posts in this topic

On 2017-6-14 at 2:14 PM, CarpeDiem said:

Hi all, if anyone's interested, I've just started a blog about my own journey with depression.

www.chasingtheblackdog.com

cool, I'll have a read. :)

Oh, just realised you've only just started!

Edited by zed

Got a battle of my own going on at the moment but this thread puts it into perspective and also reminds me what a great community we have here (wherever we are).B)

3 people like this

Hope you're okay FP.  No matter what is going on, how big or small, it is still your battle. 

Just a heard that a third cousin is missing from the Grenfell Tower.  I have been watching and feeling terrible sad watching this as by stander from other side of the world. Now, one of those missing is one of mine.  Even though we have never meet, half of my family live in the UK.  

I can't image those last hours for those inside; watching some of videos has been gut wrenching. A reminder, live for the now, and love those around you and tell them that you love them!!!

The UK in general is just going through an awful time. 

Thanks Skel,

I've had a physical setback, something went 'bang' in my hip/back region and have been reduced to crawling around or lying in bed since Wed night.  I'm hoping it's just a 'thing' and will settle down. Been in bloody agony and the Dr has prescribed some elephant stoppers which has eased things a bit.  Training was going well up to this stage, and again Mrs FP has been a rock but I hate putting her through this :(

As I say though, that is really small compared to what others are going through here.  The news about the fire is so very tragic and I really do hope you have some good news regarding your relative.

When we moved here, living or working in London was never part of our plan and never will be but everyone in the country feels the pain of the fire or the attacks, wherever they happen.  

For whatever reason, your life can turn so quickly and so often we forget to take the time to be thankful for what we have.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, skel said:

Hope you're okay FP.  No matter what is going on, how big or small, it is still your battle. 

Just a heard that a third cousin is missing from the Grenfell Tower.  I have been watching and feeling terrible sad watching this as by stander from other side of the world. Now, one of those missing is one of mine.  Even though we have never meet, half of my family live in the UK.  

I can't image those last hours for those inside; watching some of videos has been gut wrenching. A reminder, live for the now, and love those around you and tell them that you love them!!!

The UK in general is just going through an awful time. 

Thinking of you  Skel & your family far away xxx

7 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Thanks Skel,

I've had a physical setback, something went 'bang' in my hip/back region and have been reduced to crawling around or lying in bed since Wed night.  I'm hoping it's just a 'thing' and will settle down. Been in bloody agony and the Dr has prescribed some elephant stoppers which has eased things a bit.  Training was going well up to this stage, and again Mrs FP has been a rock but I hate putting her through this :(

As I say though, that is really small compared to what others are going through here.  The news about the fire is so very tragic and I really do hope you have some good news regarding your relative.

When we moved here, living or working in London was never part of our plan and never will be but everyone in the country feels the pain of the fire or the attacks, wherever they happen.  

For whatever reason, your life can turn so quickly and so often we forget to take the time to be thankful for what we have.

Get better soon but dont rush if that makes sense. Mrs FP is a champion x

3 people like this

Sorry to hear about your back troubles (again) Ian. Hopefully you are up and about again soon.

And Skel, thoughts are with you and yours.

1 person likes this

On 17/06/2017 at 4:45 PM, FatPom said:

I've had a physical setback, something went 'bang' in my hip/back region and have been reduced to crawling around or lying in bed since Wed night.  I'm hoping it's just a 'thing' and will settle down.

Sorry to hear that mate - hopefully it will calm down with a bit of rest. Don't overdo it ;)

1 person likes this

On 17/06/2017 at 2:44 PM, skel said:

Thoughts with you and the family Skel - really sad news.

1 person likes this

That's no good Skel. 

It was a horrible thing, I have a friend over there who lived nearby.....she was really disturbed by it all. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Hugs to you. 

FP, take care mate. Gently does it. Recuperate slowly and be kind to yourself. Can't rush the body. Do keep moving though, great for the mental health. 👍

2 people like this