0psi

Wetsuits in pools

17 posts in this topic

What are peoples thoughts on using a wetsuit in a pool?

I like to swim in a wetsuit a couple of times a month to keep the body used to it. I usually use a cheapy that I don't care about but I recently got one of them all singing dancing Project X suits and it feels like it's going to be a bit different in the water to my usual training suit. I wouldn't mind doing the odd session in it but seeing as it's a 1 and a half hour drive to the nearest ocean my best bet is a pool. Will the chlorine do any damage to my suit over time? Apparently the Project X has some nano coating thingy (whatever the hell that is), will that make a difference? Obviously I rinse them off with fresh water after use.

And I'm curious if anyone has played with a Roka Maverick pro suit? Seems like they are good in the water but what really caught my eye is they seem to have put a bit of thought into getting the damn thing off! Any feedback on them would be great, especially in regards to durability (which I love about the 2XU suits) and ease of removal.

This sounds like one of those 'can you put a carbon bike on a wind trainer' questions

Could I do it? Probably

Would I do it? No...

I would (and have), for both.

Your wetsuit will be fine too but I can't vouch for your reputation :D

1 person likes this

Your wetsuit will be fine too but I can't vouch for your reputation :D

Mate I'm a triathlete with a beard, my reputation went to shit years ago!

Wetsuits are almost necessary some months up here in the mountains.

I would swim in the wetsuit in the pool if you don't have access to a lake or the ocean and I also have swam in a wetsuit in the pool before but I ditched it pretty quickly. My body was overheating like crazy. I also think as long as you give ot a hood hose down after swimming ij chlorine then you should be pretty safe and not do any damage to wetsuit

1 person likes this

i got ripped apart for a similar question on a disc wheel cover a while ago. Just do it if you feel necessary, way too many different opinions on the forum to get any kind of real answer.

i got ripped apart for a similar question on a disc wheel cover a while ago. Just do it if you feel necessary, way too many different opinions on the forum to get any kind of real answer.

I don't really care what people think of me and I already swim in a cheapy wetsuit, I'm more concerned about the chlorine damaging my nice suit.

Rinse it off thoroughly after each session. I used to test wetties all the time in the pool. No issues.

1 person likes this

for starters, you would swim better without the beard

also you can just tell everyone, hey - ive never swam in this suit and i need to test it ;)

I've never had an issue with my wetsuit lasting in the pool in terms of chlorine damage, and I've been using it in the pool for quite a number of times. I just get stared at by all the non-tri types and the gays.

Nothing wrong with a pool test if its a few months since you've swum in it. Prepare to overheat or take it off after a km.

Just don't be like the wanker who occasionally turns up to the pool I train at just after we finish squads. Rides to the pool in full TT rig including sperm helmet and race number on the stem, swims in tri suit. Ho hum.

Nothing wrong with a pool test if its a few months since you've swum in it. Prepare to overheat or take it off after a km.

Just don't be like the wanker who occasionally turns up to the pool I train at just after we finish squads. Rides to the pool in full TT rig including sperm helmet and race number on the stem, swims in tri suit. Ho hum.

Embrace the wank tortoise ;)

Mate I'm a triathlete with a beard, my reputation went to shit years ago!quote]

I shave everywhere but my face. Everywhere

I swam in an Ironman Helix in a pool a couple of times a week for about 3 months. Sometimes I rinsed but sometimes I didn't. It's a bit less than two years old and trashed. Holes in the legs and on the hips. I put it down to the chlorine but maybe it was just friction from swimming so fast.