Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marnifer

Sydney to Newcastle Challenge - 170km Bike Ride

10 posts in this topic

pity it wasn't run the other way - park near the finish (I assume Sydney CBD) - catch the early train to Newcastle. Ride back to the car & home. I always found it a pain catching the wollongong train home after 'Sydney to the Gong' rides - it's cramped, you're tired, often wet. Much better to get the commute part done first...

pity it wasn't run the other way - park near the finish (I assume Sydney CBD) - catch the early train to Newcastle. Ride back to the car & home. I always found it a pain catching the wollongong train home after 'Sydney to the Gong' rides - it's cramped, you're tired, often wet. Much better to get the commute part done first...

With the Gong Ride, I always thought riding home was the easiest option.

From a traffic management perspective, it is much simpler to have cyclists leaving Sydney early, over a relatively short time period, rather than have them arriving in Sydney more spread out and when there is more traffic.

Riding home, that's very you Paul. If I was training for ironman at the times I did the gong ride I would have done that - at least back to Sutherland. However, even if training for IM (and I will be next February) 170km for the day is good enough.

I get your point about traffic management, and suspect that is the reason. If However "Sydney" ends up meaning "Hornsby" then it really doesn't matter re: traffic management which way the event is run...

. If However "Sydney" ends up meaning "Hornsby"

just like frankston is Melbourne

LOL

IP

Much better to get the commute part done first...

Lucky for me, the commute IS done first :smile1:

Hubby is going to do this, give him a goal to train for. But the 800km commute home is a bit far to ride....:-)

Lucky for me, the commute IS done first :smile1:

Don't tell me us Regional dwellers get some sort of advantage over the City Slickers! :sneaky2:

We'll get to pass all the Coal Royalties going the other way, whilst we're on the ride! :pissedoff: