Ex-Hasbeen

Man-Flu: What is the Mortality Rate?

47 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

Hey you guys with the flu. Are you antivaxers?

Nope - but but I'm blaming it on the attenuated version my wife got ;)

37 minutes ago, Stikman said:

The stats show a mortality rate of 327% in males aged between 18 and 72.  I had it two weeks ago and died five times but I've almost recovered fully now.

Much higher for me - have died at least twice a day since Sunday so 850% an counting.

Must say though, it's like having a hard-drive re-boot just lying on the couch, watching Netflix and being too crook to give a rats arse about ANYTHING.  Work is imploding, and there's not a thing I can do about it.

It's going around, I'm half dead today after dying a few times yesterday.

sounds like the girls on the forum need to send out some cans of HTFU

Think I'm coming down with it too. I've got Sydney Half Marathon on Sunday, and then Hawaii 70.3 on 4 June.

Would I be best just resting until I'm recovered? Starting to feel achy and warm

I've been crook. What are people's symptoms? I've had sore throat and then it's sat on my chest. Coughing like a good un an chundering. We all came down with it! Seemed to easy and then came back again.

I've died at least 6 times this last decade!

You boys are so funny with ya man-flu. Giving me a good chuckle 😁

8 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Nope - but but I'm blaming it on the attenuated version my wife got ;)

Much higher for me - have died at least twice a day since Sunday so 850% an counting.

Must say though, it's like having a hard-drive re-boot just lying on the couch, watching Netflix and being too crook to give a rats arse about ANYTHING.  Work is imploding, and there's not a thing I can do about it.

Sounds like it's a worse bout this year. The year I started this post, I think I only died twice. Hoping to steer clear of it this year, as it's hard to keep up the Winterfish average when you're dead.

3 hours ago, TenPints said:

I've been crook. What are people's symptoms? I've had sore throat and then it's sat on my chest. Coughing like a good un an chundering. 

I went to work and after about an hour started feeling a bit cold. Within 15 minutes I was shivering and started to feel a desire to puke. 5 minutes later I was so bad I was out the door heading home. Got home, put on a shirt, jumper, down jacket and a down sleeping bag with the air on 24C. My wife said I looked pale as a ghost and I shivered for 20 minutes solid. Took about 4 hours before I stripped off all the layers.

I have a feeling it might have been food poisoning from a bad egg in the fridge because my tummy's been pretty ordinary since.

Thankfully, feeling much better now and about 2kg lighter :)

I might not have died but there were times I was hoping...

12 hours ago, TenPints said:

I've been crook. What are people's symptoms? I've had sore throat and then it's sat on my chest. Coughing like a good un an chundering. We all came down with it! Seemed to easy and then came back again.

Might have started over a week before it really hit with aches/pains around my belly/back/hips.

Started feeling it in the chest last Friday, was out in the bush guiding all day Sat and lay on the couch all Sunday with a cough coming on.  Had to go to Bingara Monday for work I couldn't miss and by Tues morn was coughing like a dog, throat like razors, nose running, massive neck/headache, sinuses killing me, feeling like death. Been like that & horizontal for 3 days.  Doc said viral, so no antibiotics.  Throat and headache nearly gone, but still lots of ugly gunk coming from chest/sinuses.

Might attempt work today as I'll probs be the only one there.

Everybody else in my office gets several of these a year, but I never seem to catch it.

Feels like Easter minus the chocolate eggs with all this death & resurection. He/she only did #oneinarow - you fellas are killing it  

2 people like this

12 hours ago, oldave said:

Bundaberg Rum cures all.

That was my dad's cure - he even carried a small bottle under the seat of his ute for "emergencies" :wink1:

Telling you lot, get a small bell.

Your wife / partner / significant other will appreciate the use of said bell to summon them, especially when breathless from suffering a small death episode. There will be no confusion as to the fact they are required immediately.

Good luck gentlemen.

Ayto

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, Ayto said:

Telling you lot, get a small bell.

Your wife / partner / significant other will appreciate the use of said bell to summon them, especially when breathless from suffering a small death episode. There will be no confusion as to the fact they are required immediately.

Good luck gentlemen.

Ayto

I can attest to this. It works wonders. Just don't EVER think you can use it just because you're tired from a hard training session. It's man-flu or never.

A very valid point you make Ex.

DO NOT over-use the bell. Genuine man-flu only.

And make sure it's a 'male only' bell - hate to have it slipping into the wrong hands

2 people like this

Exactly what is a male only bell Nube..............is it a bell with 2 clappers??????

;)

1 person likes this

My wife is now sick & claiming it's "man flu"  😂😂😂😂😂

As if 

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

My wife is now sick & claiming it's "man flu"  😂😂😂😂😂

As if 

Have you made the arrangements? Terminal for women, and there's no way they have the strength to rise again after it.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:27 AM, surfer101 said:

Feels like Easter minus the chocolate eggs with all this death & resurection. He/she only did #oneinarow - you fellas are killing it  

Definitely a HE. There are thoughts today that it was actually man-flu that killed Jesus, and the whole crucifiction thing was just  put forward by a lobby group working for Wesfarmers, trying to push the timber industry.

1 person likes this

Brilliant Ex H  😂😂

Edited by surfer101

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, surfer101 said:

11 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Definitely a HE...

I guess that would explain why they sing Hymns not Hers... :D.

2 people like this