1,565 posts in this topic

Wife is watching The Handmaid's Tale which is on and on demand. 3eps in and she lives it. She said the current political climate in the US has really added an extra edge to the show that wouldn't have been there if it was released while Obama has been in power.

Just watched season 1 (7 eps) of 'Big Little Lies' with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Like most HBO dramas, amazing writing/plot/dialogue and extremely well executed production. Kept guessing until the end. Very surprising. Reminded me a little of 'The Slap' which was on the ABC some years ago.

Smart move by Foxtel this Winter. They've given most packages the Drama Channels for nothing for the month. Just enough time to catch up on GoT and then watch the first 2 episodes of the new season to get hooked. Smart move.

Bit slow but finally got around to watching Season 1 of True Detective.

Have really enjoyed it and now looking forward to Season 2 - this is despite having 2 lead characters that are both experts in mumbling........

I've enjoyed Longmire on Netflix. An old school sheriff in modern day Wyoming.

Watching making of a murderer at the moment, good series, but should have been cut to about a third of the length

1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

Watching making of a murderer at the moment, good series, but should have been cut to about a third of the length

there is a lot of misreporting in it so don't get too sucked in to think he is innocent.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:48 AM, The Customer said:

Just watched season 1 (7 eps) of 'Big Little Lies' with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Like most HBO dramas, amazing writing/plot/dialogue and extremely well executed production. Kept guessing until the end. Very surprising. Reminded me a little of 'The Slap' which was on the ABC some years ago.

My wife just binge watched it as well. Written by an Australian. 

Anyone watch SS-GB on Fox? I happened across it via an ad, started watching, got hooked and then bugger me, it's over, only 5 episodes but I liked it. 4 stars old boy.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Ss gb? 

Hypothetical situation if Germany had won the war early. The SS in control of Great Britain in 1941. I haven't watched it, but it revolved around Scotland Yard I think.

Season 5 of House of Cards jumped the shark (again) right at the end. Pity. I'd just recovered from the last time Claire went retard in Season 3 in the Kremlin...

28 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Season 5 of House of Cards jumped the shark (again) right at the end. Pity. I'd just recovered from the last time Claire went retard in Season 3 in the Kremlin...

Agree. Was poor 

On 13/07/2017 at 2:38 PM, Parkside said:

Anyone watch SS-GB on Fox? I happened across it via an ad, started watching, got hooked and then bugger me, it's over, only 5 episodes but I liked it. 4 stars old boy.

Haven't watched the series but have read the book. It's very good. The contrast between "business as usual and a normal detective doing his job" and "Hitler is in charge" is really interesting. Similar to The Man in the High Tower.