1,550 posts in this topic

Working through Madam Secretary season 1 with final ep ready for this evening.  Never been a fan for Tea Leoni's acting, but she seems to have managed to make her craft passable in this one.  Not a bad series but overall makes me wish that West Wing had kept going, I rate it a West Wing Lite

Hope Monkey still gets the re-dubbing to keep it authentic.  Read recently that the guy who played Manuel in Fawlty Towers was the voice guy for the English versions of one of the characters in the original series

Saw an advert for BOND last night on Ch9.  Starts monday.

I'll watch this one.  

Didnt watch Paul Hogan or Molly or even inxs

50 minutes ago, Peter said:

Didnt watch Paul Hogan or Molly or even inxs

You see, if you had to sit the new immigration tests, this answer right here would see you kicked out...

Tried a few lately.

Bosch- pretty good.

Lucifer- ok but can only handle small chunks of it.

Taken- absolute shite, didn't make it past ep 2.

Hap and Leonard - can't decide. It flip flops from being very funny to very depressing.

prison break is back,   very odd as I think its been 5-7 years break.

Fargo is also back. 

5 minutes ago, Prince said:

prison break is back,   very odd as I think its been 5-7 years break.

Fargo is also back. 

Series 3?

On 4/16/2017 at 10:12 PM, The Customer said:

Just get rid of it then. I don't own a TV anymore. Haven't for 4 years and I have not spent one moment of time thinking I'm missing out on anything.

How do you watch your shows G?  

You remember the outdoor bungalow - W/T all setup with TV on wall and portable hard drive for watching for me.

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

Lucifer- ok but can only handle small chunks of it.

Agree FP, they are saved for the regular domestic flight home on Qantas streaming jazz.

On 4/19/2017 at 10:47 AM, Prince said:

i think you are not allowed as i got chastised when i tried to discuss Glen getting bumped off.....oops

Prince you bastard.  I was going to watch that tomorrow morning on the Windy.  Prick!

22 hours ago, GSP said:

Prince you bastard.  I was going to watch that tomorrow morning on the Windy.  Prick!

but he is okay, it was only a flesh wound with a fight with someone called Lucille. 

On 21/04/2017 at 6:39 PM, FatPom said:

Series 3?

yes, haven't watched it all as yet. 

23 hours ago, Peter said:

Where's prison break? 

ummmmm, its around. 

18 minutes ago, Prince said:

yes, haven't watched it all as yet. 

ummmmm, its around. 

Found it 

I read that the monk Tripitaka on monkey was played by a woman in the original series. That was confusing as a kid.

Yes, he was played by a she.

Apparently the new series has no Japanese (or Chinese, the original series set in China was cast with Japanese actors) in it, cept for one Asian (but I don't think Chinese/Japanese) actor.  Even then, they're NZ/Aus actors.  And Sandy looks like he's a girl too.

To me, this is one of those shows that shouldn't be touched.  It just had everything, the bad dubbing and everything.  Get Smart was another for me - it's perfect, leave it alone.

I'm pretty sure that Monkey Magic was just called 'Monkey' in England.  I never liked the program at all but I did like one called 'The Water Margin'.

In another 'late to the party', we watched 'The Night Manager'  recently. I thought it was very good but the reviews were 50/50 brilliant/terrible.

We lived TNM. It was the site that prompted all the cake for him to be the next James Bond. An I "heart" TS singlet derailed that!

Should have all of monkey in an hour or so. Time to relive my 8's.

4 hours ago, goughy said:

We lived TNM. It was the site that prompted all the cake for him to be the next James Bond. An I "heart" TS singlet derailed that!

Should have all of monkey in an hour or so. Time to relive my 8's.

Bloody hell, I never even made the connection that he  was 'that guy'.  Yeah 'Q' won't be breaking out the top shelf goodies a guy in that shirt.:lol:

Edited by FatPom

On 21/04/2017 at 6:39 PM, FatPom said:

Series 3?

Ewan McGregor plays two roles. 

Gotta say loving travelers on NETFLIX 

Been some hype about that.  They reckon they have other shows from other networks as well.  Apparently weren't asking that much money from netflix as ransom, but they refused to pay. 

Episodes released are pretty raw, wouldn't be 100% sure they are the finished product.  No haven't watched them, but saw a snippet of one, it has some coding along the bottom and a countdown on the top of the screen

how good was the season finale of Billions. 

Hearing some talk of a prequel for game of thrones.  If they do it then hope they do it right