1,536 posts in this topic

Offspring

Family Guy

The Borgias

Cycling, Cycling and more Cycling on Eurosport!

I've been watching Bikie Wars - as a very young photographer I covered the massacre (remember the photo of the guy lying over his dead brother) so it's intriguing to see what was behind it (with a healthy dose of fiction I suspect).

i haven't missed an episode but i'm a bit disappointed. they've tried to cram too much into a limited number of episodes so it jumps forward from scene to scene...it's certainly not Underbelly standard

Breaking Bad

very slow but once it gets going it is good

The Borgias

Just started this one earlier in the week, has potential.

As scifi geeks we've just started watching continuum. Ok, maybe with time will improve. If you're a scifi geek too and missed it go and get the new series of battlestar galactica.

As scifi geeks we've just started watching continuum. Ok, maybe with time will improve. If you're a scifi geek too and missed it go and get the new series of battlestar galactica.

Definitely Galactica! The new series of Breaking Bad starts in July and that's fantastic as well. If you haven't seen it then start from series one. Homeland was pretty good as well, though it was a bit weird seeing the bloke who played Captain Winters in Band of Brolhers as a potential traitor. Game of Thrones is brilliant! I normally don't like fiction but I've read all the books up to 5 and loved them. Only problem is there are meant to be 7 in the series, the author is an aging overweight guy and he writes at snails pace, several years between books..... There is a bit of concern among his fans that he might die before he finishes them.

I don't bother using Austar, just download through Utorrent via Eztv or Pirates Bay. I've started Mad Men but the amount of chainsmoking that goes on makes me feel a bit ill on the windtrainer, I can almost smell it through the tele! I've got a mate who swears by Spartacus. Apparently the first 3 episodes are so bad it's almost like a comedy but then it picks up and becomes brilliant.

Falling Sky's is OK, it is on for the second season pretty soon. Even bad Sci-Fi is OK if you are a Sci-Fi fan.

When's the new Battlestar start?

About 2005 I think!

just out of interest

what bit torrent does everyone recommend?

now we have have real internet (ADSL2 as opposed to mobile) with real down load (120 Gb vs 8 Gb / month) I feel it's time to start this sort of stuff but last time I tried all I got was virus's

who uses what & why?

Really?

School time.

Trailer here.

The new Battlestar starts next year. The main unknown is what format. ie TV series or TV movie.

Internet release only mate. It was originally made for Syfy Channel but they canned it, which is a tragedy given how awesome that trailer looks.

JJ Abrams Revolution looks OK, I like the Post Apocolyptic Genre.

I've got a mate who swears by Spartacus. Apparently the first 3 episodes are so bad it's almost like a comedy but then it picks up and becomes brilliant.

Have watched every episode of Spartacus, including the "prequel" season which came out after the original season. It was done that way as the original Spartacus lead role (Andy Whitmore from memory - an Aussie) was diagnosed with cancer. Sadly, he has since passed away.

Subsequently it can appear a bit disjointed due to the change in actors but once you get that it starts to make sense.

Awesome series with some phenomenal special effects and the like, but probably not for those with a weak stomach lol.

Highly recommended.

Falling Sky's is OK, it is on for the second season pretty soon. Even bad Sci-Fi is OK if you are a Sci-Fi fan.

If you truly think that check out a film called Earthstorm, trust me, you will change your mind :lol:

Edited by FatPom

True Blood

Continuum

Falling Skies

Have all just come out on eztv.

If you like quirky low budget tv shows HBO's Girls is ok. Its a dark comedy about 20 something girls living in New York.

Havent watched it yet, but I cant help but think the enjoyment will be spoilt by spotting mistakes in the set. I work around the corner from the Viking (now the Mill) and drive past each day. If they had of filmed it a few years ago it hadnt changed from the massacre days, but there is nothing left of the old pub now.

It is our work local pub and we used to have a few "functions" there, our works claim to "fame" was that we were banned from the pub, but the bikies were allowed back. :lol:

I've got a connection as well. I also worked close by - Carrington Street, Revesby around the time the massacre took place in '84 and have memories of the Pub as it was. I'm liking the series - but a bit corny. What is annoying me is the beer they are drinking. - have they had to invent one because they cannot endorse a brand by displaying its' name?

Wasnt KB was the beer to drink round that area then?

Wasnt KB was the beer to drink round that area then?

KB, DA, Resch's Pil, Tooheys Draught, Tooheys Old.

Oh yeah,,, I don't think it has been mentioned yet...

Homeland - Excellent.

Mm, have you seen the finale of it yet? If so, how did it leave you feeling? I thought it was a great show (Claire Danes was brilliant), built well but got to the end of the finale and .....

Mm, have you seen the finale of it yet? If so, how did it leave you feeling? I thought it was a great show (Claire Danes was brilliant), built well but got to the end of the finale and .....

I think it was pretty obvious the way it should have ended, Claire Danes character deserved to be vindicated and it would have made sense and been a great story. But that would have ended the series and probably wouldn't have been too popular with the US audience so we ended up with a pretty rubbish finale. But the performances including Clarie Danes are worth it. I'll watch season 2.

Not the stuff with Danes character. I think that will lead into a great second season. The stuff with the dood. It just kept building and building and then felt kind of....... Like paying for a happy ending then after a few minutes being told massage over, too bad so sad.

Can't be bothered going back through the thread to see if its been mentioned yet, but have just gotten into Freaks and Geeks.

Good to see the likes of Seth Rogen, Jason Segal and James Franco from their younger days.

Stumbled across this one a couple of weeks ago. On Ch 2 on Wed night made by Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant called Life's too short. This is a clip from last week, laugh out loud funny