Merv

Sharks vs Broncos

137 posts in this topic

How exciting is this, the band wagon is massive. Can't wait, have been waiting since 1969 for tomorrow.

Was at the leagues club for the last one and was shattered when Brisbane ran through us..... Tomorrow will be different and those Qlders playing for Melbourne have always played at a 50/50 ANZ t..... It won't be like that tomorrow, it will be loud and it will be black white n blue barring a melb goal end.

Western Bulldogs into Liverpool, there is only one leg left in the trifecta.....

#upup

Edited by Oompa Loompa
1 person likes this

Can Cronulla win their first?

Will Storm win again?

Can someone edit the title of this thread?

Should know tonight around 8:30.

Go storm.

One punch killer supporters v salary cap cheats.

1 person likes this

As I said earlier

Drug cheats V Salary Cap cheats.

Is that like Melb v Melb.

Jordan Mcleans brother is a convicted one punch criminal. But like everything, do the crime, do the time and all is forgiven.

This isn't the catty world of triathlon, this is the nrl where Cronulla has a date with destiny.

Get on twenty plus.

Watching via live stream in Amsterdam.

Caen the Sharkies.

FM

What a contest! 2 super grannies this year. Well done Oompa and Sharkies.

Only 71 tackles for Cam Smith. Wonder if he'll get early for a long bike ride or run tomorrow?

45yrs of disappointment is over.

While many of my peers were fair weather supporters and switched teams like a girl switches clothes, I stuck with the Sharks for 45yrs, after visiting my Dad's best WW2 buddy when I was 7 who lived in Cronulla (I'd started playing RL in the under 8's at age 5 and was the smallest kid on the field, but damn RL taught me how to tackle compared to RU. When I switched to RU at age 18, tackling became a piece of piss as did scoring tries)

Every other kid at school either supported Manly, Parra or St George (boring). When I found out Cronulla has a first grade team, the choice was easy. I was the only kid to follow Cronulla and have done so ever since. Fark I copped some shit from Manly supporters, esp in 78.

My youngest is a keen Sharkies supporter (a form of child abuse apparently :lol:) She is on a cruise in the South Pacific with her BF & his family at present and was hoping she'd be able to watch the game on-board. I hope she saw it, she'll be ecstatic.

SharksPremier2016_zpszxft1llb.jpg

That was sensational, 50 years, I'm not old enough for all 50 but remember plenty..... Missed first try scorer by a blade of grass, got last try scorer at 34's with Fifita and got the Clive Churchill at 17's..... Gee's I wish Lewis had of got that first try.... Lol, but I'll take Bennies any day.

I've been to anz a lot and that was most crowd support I've ever seen a team get at the venue, it was 90-95 all Cronulla.... Better than any origin game. As for GF's, it was simply the best GF I have ever been too. F'in A people.

Up up

1 person likes this

This is up there with seeing Cadel win the Tour in 2011.

We moved to Miranda from the Randwick in 1960 something I was too young to remember. I went to Endeavour High and Johnny Maguire was my maths teacher. Tommy Bishop and Cliff Watson came and visited our school, gave talks and season tickets to us all. It's been a dream created by osmosis. We've come close a few times along the way but now it finally has happened and Harold Holt has come home (speaking a bit of Russian I hear :lol:).

Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun. Up up Cronulla, we are the boys in black white and blue.

Edited by Slowman

This is up there with seeing Cadel win the Tour in 2011.

Â

We moved to Miranda from the Randwick in 1960 something I was too young to remember. I went to Endeavour High and Johnny Maguire was my maths teacher. Tommy Bishop and Cliff Watson came and visited our school, gave talks and season tickets to us all. It's been a dream created by osmosis. We've come close a few times along the way but now it finally has happened and Harold Holt has come home (speaking a bit of Russian I hear :lol:).

Â

Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun. Up up Cronulla, we are the boys in black white and blue.

I always thought the Chinese had him

Like a pig n shit,,we are going to england should the world call.

Spent the arvo with my uncle and his son, graded into Cronulla in 67, to have his hip splattered on the sports ground round one, then one of his mates cane up who played 68 and 69...... Gold, just gold.

Knee deep in the shire, haters gotta hate but we are going to England for the world club., up up

Re: Fifita.

Serves him right.

Good decision by the selectors.

Re: Fifita.

Serves him right.

Good decision by the selectors.

only issue there is all half a year ago when he was doing it and its a lot less than what the coach of the team has done who remains the coach of the team.

just looks like a massive contradiction. you cant have one rule for andrew fifita, and another rule for the coach of the team, especially where Fifita only supported whereas the coach actively represented.

not like league to have double standards....lol

Edited by Oompa Loompa

Blake Ferguson. ...

Greg inglis.....

Sam thaiday .....

Darius boyed ...

Mal Manniga...

JT Coffs Harbour...

Yep but if they are now drawing the line in the sand good on em.

The whole fifita thing yep major dick abusing junior ref.

But the bandage thing its my understanding that his team mates didn't even know what it was but once the media got a hold of it it exploded like a 19 year old in a brothel.

He has said the guys an idiot for doing it and should be locked up but its his mate since child hood so he is just supporting him I can kind if understand it.

If my best mate killed some one by being a ****wit I would say lock him up for a long time! But I would still go and visit him fir support.

Lucky his an x fat triathlete that couldn't punch his way outa a brown paper bag..

Yep, and they are saying it is "forgive" not "free" as reported by news limited.

Also amazing how he hadn't worn it since midway through the season than news limited blue it up come finals time. Why sit on the story for half a year, then demonise a bloke publically that had to be talked down from jumping of a Gold Coast high rise balcony and ending it by his brother..

By all means run the story when it happens, but not months after, that's just gutter journalism if it can be called journalism at all.

Sounds like you guys are having a riot of a time in the shire.

My daughter is still driving round with flags on her car.... lol

Don't worry, there are still cars driving around with Origin flags from when it was 8 in a row. :)