Merv

Sharks vs Broncos

139 posts in this topic

Haha parkie. You could have left it. I'm tough enough to take it.

Storm will struggle against Cowboys.

But cronulla have no chance agains Raiders after seeing them play yesterday.

Raiders could win it. I haven't seen them play that well in 15 years. Can't believe Ricky is coaching a winning team.

We're screwed. Canberra in Canberra is a death sentence. If only those useless Tigers had done their job.

Tough season, disappointing to see the storm get that first try off a forward pass, then all down hill from there.

Not looking forward to a sell out Canberra crowd, I went to the last semi final the Sharks played at Bruce and we were smashed, it's just hostile, full of rabid green machine supporters and that was pre Viking clap. Sharks supporters just don't travel so your like one of three people and a dog with 24000 green lunatics around you. I sat with the Canberra u20's that day, probably the only thing that saved me from getting belted by some clown with a Viking hat on.

They say the season starts again, let's hope it does, but one win from the last six is frustrating to say the least.

Tough season, disappointing to see the storm get that first try off a forward pass, then all down hill from there.

Not looking forward to a sell out Canberra crowd, I went to the last semi final the Sharks played at Bruce and we were smashed, it's just hostile, full of rabid green machine supporters and that was pre Viking clap. Sharks supporters just don't travel so your like one of three people and a dog with 24000 green lunatics around you. I sat with the Canberra u20's that day, probably the only thing that saved me from getting belted by some clown with a Viking hat on.

They say the season starts again, let's hope it does, but one win from the last six is frustrating to say the least.

The forward pass has gone the way of a straight scrum feed. Not one commentator mentioned a pass that was a metre forward and lead to a try.

The forward pass has gone the way of a straight scrum feed. Not one commentator mentioned a pass that was a metre forward and lead to a try.

I 100% agree with you here.

Numerous stories getting around gallen's back is rooted and won't face the raiders

Broncos were well looked after again. Benett making good point that his two players being looked at by MRC won't get anything, why is that, well we are the broncos we get different rules and salaries.

Broncos were well looked after again. Benett making good point that his two players being looked at by MRC won't get anything, why is that, well we are the broncos we get different rules and salaries.

Looking after his players. Every coach should be doing the same. Often they pretend they didn't see the incident so don't comment.

There were some pretty strange calls from the bunker. Kicking old mate on the ground should have been looked at and try disallowed. I was alright with the penalty try though. Second man in the tackle. Effectively the same as raking. Was going to get it down otherwise.

Titans did well in the first half to make it look competitive. They were getting pumped.

Disclaimer: Cowboys fan.

I can't watch. We're farked. You can't keep giving away that much possession while 10m from the Canberra line.

Fair dinkum the refs are a joke today. If he thought it was a knock-on (which it was not) just call it, don't let the Sharks play on, score a try, then go to the video ref.

Numerous stories getting around gallen's back is rooted and won't face the raiders

don't need him when you have Prior

Yep, the band wagon was derailed with so many shirites crashing and burning it's not funny in recent weeks.

The true believers stood up today and we go again next week regardless.

Do we even need a ref on the field in NRL these days? They can't seem to make a decision without going to the screen. Perhaps the whole game could be run from a video booth the using a pa system?

Time for some female refs like Kath whom my Mrs trains, who refed the local RU grand final and did a brilliant job. Actually has the ticker to make a decision!

Skip to 4:26:20 - the first grade match

and how to kick a conversion without pissing about with any theatrics at 4:41:45 :lol:

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

Just watched the highlights.

RL players are really not he sharpest tools in the shed - Whitehead coming in with a swinging arm to the jaw of Barber who is already flat on the turf and going nowhere, when scores are locked up at 14 all and he does it right near the Raiders tryline!

Agree with the commentators, it was a gutsey performance from the Sharks when the chips were really down for them.

Might have to adopt the Greenday stance for the rest of the season - "wake me up when September ends".

Broncos would have to feel hard done by tonight. i support both teams so not really biased, but just try to swing your arm around behind you to make a tackle without your leg lifting, and then think about the penalty that lost them the game. Thurston had already tripped on the tacklers hip before the leg lifted. It'll get thrown out of the judiciary.

The Sharks will be looking forward to playing a totally exhausted team next week as well.

Cracker of a game tho.

Not wrong. So the last 4 games between Broncos & cowboys have been decided either in extra time, or by 1 point. That's a hell of a rivalry.

Great game. I hope the cowboys can make it a good match next week with the Sharks.

But I'd like the Sharks to win then lose the GF.

Still backing storm or Cowboys.