Flanman

Bike Cleaning/Maintenance

They are a pain to unlink, though on step on the pedal and they're done up tight.  Or be smarter and grab a wipperman chain link and it's easy as.

And I didn't think you owned a bike anymore B@?

3 hours ago, goughy said:

They are a pain to unlink, though on step on the pedal and they're done up tight.  Or be smarter and grab a wipperman chain link and it's easy as.

And I didn't think you owned a bike anymore B@?

I kept one bike. Sold the rest. I do coffee shop rides & Wed night crits. If it was tri related, I sold it.

Bikes, kickr, wetsuit, shoes, goggles, treadmill, gave away all my nutrition. I had a pocket full of money (which we put towards a deposit on the new house) At least I don't have to move all the crap to the new house. 

20 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I kept one bike. Sold the rest. I do coffee shop rides & Wed night crits. If it was tri related, I sold it.

Bikes, kickr, wetsuit, shoes, goggles, treadmill, gave away all my nutrition. I had a pocket full of money (which we put towards a deposit on the new house) At least I don't have to move all the crap to the new house. 

Yeah I cant believe AP moves all those fruit bowls he wins at Kona (and 25 winners teaspoons from HOTW) when he moves house every year...  Imagine him on an episode of Hoarders.... 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, pieman said:

Yeah I cant believe AP moves all those fruit bowls he wins at Kona (and 25 winners teaspoons from HOTW) when he moves house every year...  Imagine him on an episode of Hoarders.... 

LOL I did keep all my finishers shirts. They're all hanging up and have never been worn. My medals are stashed in the bottom of my sock draw.

Besides a baseball bat (Ironman Lousiville) with my times on it and one photo of my mates post Ironman Louisville. There is not a single hint of ironman in my house.

7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Agree, very handy little bit of kit.  

The other tool I would recommend is a pair of chain link removal/install pliers, FKN amazing. No more fighting with the link trying to get iron & off. You will also have confidence it's installed correctly. 

I have been using a Aldi bike stand that's on it's last legs. Once we move house and get shit sorted I'll be buying Park work stand. 

Spend the money, get the tools, makes the job a lot easier and more enjoyable. That way you will do it more often. 

As Peter said in the internet to shed thread "Spend the money and do it right, the first time. Other wise you will regret it later"

I have one of these. Ordered 1 back in 2009...... Received 2..... Only charged for one! LOL thanks PBK 

I gave the other one away. Good karma etc. 

1518493488067948778326.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I reckon getting rid of all my shit was the best thing I ever did. I only have two bikes and one of those bikes is a cargo bike. My wife owns more bikes than me :o I'm hoping she gets stuck in and qualifies for Kona so I can go along for the ride... She's turning into a machine, if she wasn't built like a brick shit house she'd probably be even faster. 

And, my wife bought a kickr, so officially I have one but not. :lol: 

On 2/12/2018 at 12:12 PM, BogFrog said:

The shower... degrease chain, rinse bike, spray bike with bike cleaner, wipe down, rinse well, wipe down with dry cloth, oil chain when dry. 

Clean shower. 

This is why you get paid the big bucks.  I never thought of this so tried it today.  To view the full video of me naked in the shower cleaning it go to my YouTube channel and search for "showering together".

IMG20180213141629.jpg

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, A2K said:

This is why you get paid the big bucks.  I never thought of this so tried it today.  To view the full video of me naked in the shower cleaning it go to my YouTube channel and search for "showering together".

IMG20180213141629.jpg

Assume you then sleep with the bike after?

15 minutes ago, Tyno said:

It wouldn't hurt if a bit of degreaser hit those wall tiles AK!

Well if you watched the video you'd know it's all clean as a whistle now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skinnee said:

Assume you then sleep with the bike after?

Yeah "sleep with" 😛

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Katz said:

I clearly treat my bikes very, very badly.

No 

Maybe you just have a life :huh::lol::lol:

• Haha 2