Hello 

I know it's for fun, and I apologise for asking on such an elite forum.... *sarcasm 

But 

If my daughter was to want her own finish time for parkrun, will she need her own registration and therefore email address? 

Thanks from an unwashed fun running Dad.... 

Cheers folks 😁😁

If it's helpful GMail has a feature where you can add +something onto the email address... so if you owned dad@gmail.com then you could register with dad+daughter@gmail.com and it would come to the same inbox...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Great question. My daughter also wants to start doing the park run.

Great. 

Let's race them against each other. We can figure out a handicap system as my daughter is 8 years old and your's 13?

Winning father daughter combo is entitled to a carton. 

Thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, monkie said:

If it's helpful GMail has a feature where you can add +something onto the email address... so if you owned dad@gmail.com then you could register with dad+daughter@gmail.com and it would come to the same inbox...

Awesome info 👌

I registered my mum and just used my email address. 

11 minutes ago, AA7 said:

I registered my mum and just used my email address. 

But are you registered via the same email address? 

And are you entering your Mum in the sweep? 

• Haha 1

yes you can use the same email address, my son and i used the same one

53 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Great. 

Let's race them against each other. We can figure out a handicap system as my daughter is 8 years old and your's 13?

Thoughts. 

I have a better idea. How about the next time I’m in Perth we do the park run together. I’ll then take the kids out for milkshakes & donuts 

32 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I have a better idea. How about the next time I’m in Perth we do the park run together. I’ll then take the kids out for milkshakes & donuts 

Deal.

See if we can russle up Ratdog and Stickman. 

I'll put money on my daughter smashing stickman & Ratdog.  The little devil was holding 5min pace the other night & asking me how my day was at work. 

She asked 4 times before she realised I was in the box & struggling. She then picked the pace up to 4:50. Only just held on until her endurance went. She's good for about 3km atm.  I'm screwed when she can run the full 5km. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

But are you registered via the same email address? 

And are you entering your Mum in the sweep? 

Yes. So i get to give her the time every week, so excited when she gets a PB.

And not sure what you mean by the sweep????

Edited by AA7

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

I'll put money on my daughter smashing stickman & Ratdog.  The little devil was holding 5min pace the other night & asking me how my day was at work. 

She asked 4 times before she realised I was in the box & struggling. She then picked the pace up to 4:50. Only just held on until her endurance went. She's good for about 3km atm.  I'm screwed when she can run the full 5km. 

I remember the very special day when my dad and I went out for a run... he said when we started "Let me know if you need me to slow down"... I was home and having breakfast 20 minutes before him... he remembers the day as vividly as I do but, in his own words, with considerable pride :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Have you got a blue card?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Some of the PRs in the UK do a kids version on Sunday, I think it's 2km.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bored@work said:

what's a blue card?

If you're working with children you need one. 

It's too assure the parents that you're not dodge.  Not sure you'll get one ! :P

52 minutes ago, Cranky said:

If you're working with children you need one. 

It's too assure the parents that you're not dodge.  Not sure you'll get one ! :P

I’m from the north, most of the kids are probably mine or we are related anyway. 😏

Some of the nerds I work with are like children. Maybe I should get a blue card. Atleast they won’t be calling in sick because of the super bowl today. The day after star wars is released is a different story. The little bastards come into work either half asleep or pinging on energy drinks. At 40 years old I feel like a father to 20.

For the record: I have been a foster parent and my current work requires a few checks. Getting a blue card wouldn’t be an issue.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AA7 said:

And not sure what you mean by the sweep????

Racing other members of your family against each other. Like B@W and I with our daughters*

*sarcasm 

18 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Racing other members of your family against each other. Like B@W and I with our daughters*

*sarcasm 

Ah ok. Nah, my mum is just a brisk walker, but throws in a couple of little shuffles. Her PB has come down by 6min though. If we do the same one, I finish then run back to find her and push her along to the end. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Great. 

Thoughts. 

Just check the park run's policy on children participating before going to far.  My old park run was very strict on all children under 11 needing to stay in arms length of the responsible parent, my 10 year old when motivated could beat me by a few minutes so it was putting me in the hurt locker on most weekends to overextend myself to keep up with him.  We're we are now, if they are school age they are pretty much right to go out on a much longer leash, as long as it's not deliquent parents using it as a babysitting service you are pretty good.  I fear my PB will be under attack in the next few months as he gets back into it

• Thanks 1