BC_J400

Would you complain about this?

I stumbled across this yesterday.

Am I not alone in thinking that it's oriented 90 degrees the wrong way so that you're crossing the bars like a cattle grid?  I would have hated to come across this at night.  Whilst my wheels down fall down into it, it's quite concerning.

road.jpg

Just another bit of design "for" cyclists by not cyclists.

But, probably safe enough to ride over in the dry.

I have many more questions about the requirement for it to be there from a roads/drainage point of view though!

I worked on a massive road project recently, I don't think that would pass standards. Whichever dumbass contractor did that on the cheap is about to get reamed. Report it to council and see what comes back.

• Like 3

There's another one about 50 metres before it that spans the entire left lane in the same direction.

I was too scared to actually even ride over it.

It's not that my tires go a little into a dip as I hit it, it's that there are so many in a row.   It can't end well I'm certain!

But FB, which way are they facing?   They need to be east-west versus north south... if you get my drift (pardon the pun).

If it is an issue with bike tyres slotting in, or slipping off edges, they'll fix it real quick if you tell them. the litigation would be horrendous if they are told & didn't do anything.

I reported a slot opened about 3cm wide between a drain & its concrete surrounds to council via their fixit webform, and the contractor called me 3 hours later to clarify exactly which drain it was while he was on his way to fix it.

• Like 1

I think I'd be more worried about the fact the drain cover extends in to the car lane to the point where cars will have to drive over it. I would imagine the potential for that cover to become warped or buckled is quite high?

1 hour ago, BC_J400 said:

But FB, which way are they facing?   They need to be east-west versus north south... if you get my drift (pardon the pun).

Same way as yours.  

On 26/01/2018 at 1:20 PM, willie said:

I worked on a massive road project recently, I don't think that would pass standards. Whichever dumbass contractor did that on the cheap is about to get reamed. Report it to council and see what comes back.

Yeah 

Structurally speaking that mesh should run the other way. 

Apprentice ****ed up. 

*I'm not a structural engineer but I am a very very experienced Boilermaker