Bored@work

Hawaii Missile alert

Imagine the shit fight if this was sent out when the Ironman World Championships were on. 

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-mistakenly-sends-hawaii-residents-emergency-incoming-missile-alert-but-its-a-false-alarm/news-story/4802d11c268f8c3a7f2d2600705880cf

I know it would never happen on race day because Kim respects the holy grail of triathlon. Trying to get participants to stop etc........ 

What on earth?? How can that happen! The guy "pressed the wrong button?'" (There is s single button?!) Then it took them 38min to realise?! (Were all the workers phoneless) 

Sounds like Homer Simpson is running the joint.

It really wouldn't be funny if you thought a ballistic missile was coming - those islands are small. So a high chance of game over. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

Trump will blame Hillary. 

Probably not, probably just sack the person responsible. 

I love the screen grab of all the messages then this was my phone “when I woke up now”.... slept through it all but heh, I’m going full media. 

1 hour ago, Merv said:

what a cluster phuck of a nation

Which unfortunately may effect the rest of mankind. 

4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Imagine the shit fight if this was sent out when the Ironman World Championships were on. 

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-mistakenly-sends-hawaii-residents-emergency-incoming-missile-alert-but-its-a-false-alarm/news-story/4802d11c268f8c3a7f2d2600705880cf

I know it would never happen on race day because Kim respects the holy grail of triathlon. Trying to get participants to stop etc........ 

Would they get a refund of sorts? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Would they get a refund of sorts? 

What have you been smoking? 

WTC provide a refund :lol: :lol::lol:that's the funniest thing I have heard ever. 

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2018 at 10:50 AM, Oompa Loompa said:

Probably not, probably just sack the person responsible. 

Funny thing is I just heard on the radio that "disciplinary action will not be taken against the person responsible for hitting the wrong button, but they will receive further training" 

I agree there is no way it is a single button, I think the issue is much bigger ................

26 minutes ago, Notsofast said:

I agree there is no way it is a single button, I think the issue is much bigger ................

• Like 1

Haha drop down list. Whoever designed that was asking for trouble... 

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2018 at 9:05 AM, dazaau said:

What on earth?? How can that happen! The guy "pressed the wrong button?'" (There is s single button?!) Then it took them 38min to realise?! (Were all the workers phoneless) 

Quite likely the workers were phoneless. Most Defence and security focused organisations have a policy of having phones left outside working areas.

57 minutes ago, Cape_Horn said:

Quite likely the workers were phoneless. Most Defence and security focused organisations have a policy of having phones left outside working areas.

Correct. At that level it would be 100% leave your phones in the lockers at reception.

I can imagine the guys surprise as he got out to check his phone and saw the message.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

It is that way in Jails...:huh:

It's really not... There's a hell of a lot of phones in prisons

• Haha 1

Friends cancelled a holiday in tokyo when test missiles started flying over, went to Hawaii instead. Got this text message while in resort room in Kona. They were shitting themselves, where do you hide from a nuclear missile in a single story beachside resort. Would have been horrible for the 45 minutes until they got onto Aussie consulate and confirmed a false alarm.

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

Friends cancelled a holiday in tokyo when test missiles started flying over, went to Hawaii instead. Got this text message while in resort room in Kona. They were shitting themselves, where do you hide from a nuclear missile in a single story beachside resort. Would have been horrible for the 45 minutes until they got onto Aussie consulate and confirmed a false alarm.

My friends were staying in the Hilton on Kona & got told to do the same thing. Their 7 year old is fairly upset by it and is struggling to sleep.

• Sad 1

And there would have been people surfing the whole time and missed it all. 

Moral. Surf more. Stay off your phone. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

My friends were staying in the Hilton on Kona & got told to do the same thing. There 7 year old is fairly upset by it and is struggling to sleep.

yep they were in tears and kids struggling to come to terms with the thought of a h-bomb heading for you.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, willie said:

It's really not... There's a hell of a lot of phones in prisons

This is true. I've seen Suits (the TV show).

I had a mate In Waikiki in the same boat.... suggest there will be some interesting insurance claims tried. 

Not sure Id tell a seven year old, guess you don’t know what you’d do until it happens. 

Go back 2 generations and plenty of families with kids had to do plenty of missle drills, run into their backyard bunker and stay in there for a few hours.  Go back a generation before that and families were sitting in bomb shelters in London while the Luftwaffe bombed them relentlessly night after night while the weather allowed it, and vice versa in Berlin with the RAF and USAF.  Don't think the current generation is going to be working hard on a time machine to go back and experience these pasts

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Peter said:

And there would have been people surfing the whole time and missed it all. 

Moral. Surf more. Stay off your phone. 

BEST thing I've read from you. Awesome stuff 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, dazaau said:

What on earth?? How can that happen! The guy "pressed the wrong button?'" (There is s single button?!) 

Sounds like Homer Simpson is running the joint.

This all points to one of FP's countrymen being at the centre of this. Nicknamed the 'The Air-Raid Siren & just launched a new book 

What does this button do? : An autobiography from the Iron Maiden frontman - Bruce Dickinson

Coincidence? Me thinks not.

Edited by \m/ Moshboy \m/