Sign in to follow this  
Bored@work

Changing cranks over

I’m currently running campy record cranks on my road bike. I want to run a quarq crankset.  Is it just a matter of changing over the bottom bracket? The quarq is the four bolt Shimano model.

Please ignore!  I changed my mind. Thinking it's too much hassle & I don't really need power that much for a 45min criticism race. I'm only racing for fun & to keep the weight off. 

• Like 1

Bumping this thread. I have some extra cash coming my way (thanks to Peter)

My roadie is currently fitted with a BB386 evo bottom bracket. What do I need to do to run a quarq? I'll probably get a Canyon with Di2 or Etap in the future so thought a quarq will be a good option to transfer across later.

I have thought about changing my current roadie from Campy to Sram/Shimano but I don't think it's worth the additional $$ & effort considering I probably get a new roadie in a year or so.

I use Garmin Vector 2s, they work well no issues and easy to replace the battery. The new model look even better in design.

1 hour ago, Gilliga said:

I use Garmin Vector 2s, they work well no issues and easy to replace the battery. The new model look even better in design.

No pods is a huge bonus.  I have messaged Willie & I'll probably place an order with him.  I had written off getting Garmin after the reviews & the need for a specific tool of the first model.

DC Rainmaker did a good review on them. They look good, easy to transfer & tick all the boxes for me. Thanks to Skinnee for the recommendation.

• Like 1