prizna

What training did you do today?

Down at Jindabyne.  Started with 1hr 24min run of 10km along lakefront trials to the dam and back.  Started pre dawn. Beautiful way to start the day.

Total of 5 runs of the Tredbo flow trail and one of the all mountain trail. Total ride time of about 3hr. Considering on the flow trail not peddling had an average HR of 144 for 17 minutes. Must be the adrenalin. 

Then a 5.5km mtb time trial as the first stage of the Snowy Mountain MTB festival. I did 21min for the time trial which was not the fastest. 

I just put myself through the most boring quarter hour of my year so far. I put the bike on the trainer, 42/23, and spun at 90rpm for 15 minutes. It didn't feel bad on the knee (we'll know tomorrow though) but I think my brain died. How do you people do hours on it?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I just put myself through the most boring quarter hour of my year so far. I put the bike on the trainer, 42/23, and spun at 90rpm for 15 minutes. It didn't feel bad on the knee (we'll know tomorrow though) but I think my brain died. How do you people do hours on it?

Sit behind Lucy Charles on Zwift :)

• Haha 1

I did 51 minutes (yes, that's right) on the kickr.

I don't have perfpro setup again yet. FML.

6 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Because we have a plan. Mindless spinning is a brain killer for sure.

21 hours ago, Shrek said:

30 km on the MTB mostly single track 😎

20180209_044210.jpg

No way you'd catch me out there! 

21 hours ago, Limited said:

that looks like something out of blair witch project

Exactly! 

20 hours ago, Shrek said:

there is one trail near that one that is actually and appropriately named Blair Witch... :huh:

Ahhhhhhh 🙈

8 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

Down at Jindabyne.  Started with 1hr 24min run of 10km along lakefront trials to the dam and back.  Started pre dawn. Beautiful way to start the day.

Total of 5 runs of the Tredbo flow trail and one of the all mountain trail. Total ride time of about 3hr. Considering on the flow trail not peddling had an average HR of 144 for 17 minutes. Must be the adrenalin. 

Then a 5.5km mtb time trial as the first stage of the Snowy Mountain MTB festival. I did 21min for the time trial which was not the fastest. 

How did the Gamin go? 

7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You think it's a coincidence that I'm on Trances early most mornings.  You lot are my sanity. 

Scary I know. 

2 hours on the wt this morning.  50min Z1/60m Z2/10min/Z1. Should've only been 1hr but I set my alarm wrong!  That's OK.  Just swapped out Monday's session. 

3 hours ago, FatPom said:

Because we have a plan. Mindless spinning is a brain killer for sure.

At the moment that is my plan. No effort, and just easy spinning. 

Knee feels good this morning. Just did a 1hr walk and still fine. I'll try some easy spinning again tonight, but may set the laptop up in front of me. The hardest bit is going to be NOT putting any real effort into it.

20 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Knee feels good this morning. Just did a 1hr walk and still fine. I'll try some easy spinning again tonight, but may set the laptop up in front of me. The hardest bit is going to be NOT putting any real effort into it.

Netflix is your friend then. I can't watch any programs on the turbo without losing focus and soft pedalling, which sounds like exactly what you need! :)

Edited by FatPom

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Just make sure it's not too much too soon. I get told that on a regular basis!

8 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Just make sure it's not too much too soon. I get told that on a regular basis!

But do you take heed.... 😁

Great start to an actual weekend for me. Parkrun then 1.5k in the pool. Now stuffing my face. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day two at Jindabyne. 

Today's race started with a mass start 18km uphill mtb ride up the Tredbo Valley trail. About 20min in i decided to back off as my HR was in the 160s and has been there a while.

Then a pie, caramel slice and coffee (sport nutrition be dammed) then chairlift up mountain with a traverse across to the to of stage 2.

Time trial start every 30s. Down the all mountain trail. on XC bikes this is like driving a soft roader at speed down a rutted 4wd track. 5km of hang on and ride. Very exciting to decend as speed at the limit of my skill.

Stage 3 was down the Tredbo Valley trail which we rode up. Much faster and more fun. But again riding right on the limit.

Firmly cemented my pace as bop in the old guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rocks 5km race 

22.08 (4.22, 4.25, 4.25, 4.26, 4.20)

Good, First female, third overall, ran the last km faster than all, and actually hurdled over a tree that fell down after we ran out 

Cons - too slow (really should have been under 22min) fourth km and should have been faster I need first km.

Was fairly hot, along shaded paved creek / rainforest 

Edited. Third not second overall....  

Edited by skel
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, skel said:

Rocks 5km race 

22.08 (4.22, 4.25, 4.25, 4.26, 4.20)

Good, First female, second overall, ran the last km faster than all, and actually hurdled over a tree that fell down after we ran out 

Cons - too slow (really should have been under 22min) fourth km and should have been faster I need first km.

Was fairly hot, along shaded paved creek / rainforest 

Nice work Skel :)

• Haha 1

Another 4km at the dam this morning. I broke my PB by nearly a minute, and feel confident I can take a couple more off that if I try. This time I just went out steady to halfway, and then did 30 breaths hard/30 easy x 5, 20/20 x 5, 15/15 x 5, the 70 breaths hard, on the way back. I negative split the swim by 2:40, so am interested in trying a hard 4km out there one day.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2

Day 3 of the Snowy Mountains MTB Festive.

45km XC race 3 laps around Lake Crackenback  resort. Solid riding with constant undulations. 3hr

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tyno said:

Just go there with Bergs and sit on his feet. PB fo sho

That'll see me post a really fast "first 50m". What do I do for the next 3950m?

• Haha 1

I did 50 stylish laps of the Aqua run at my sons birthday party! And pulled out all the best tricks on the slide 

6AA8B472-1C39-4AE5-BA15-E4A87A35F0DC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

(Sleep deprivation, hot laps of T1 to get coffee whilst leaving luggage unattended, extra points for finding powerpoint to plug laptop into whilst waiting 6hrs to see if I could get on flight, killing the freelance project perched on a cold steel chair opposite ticketing counter) x 2 days in a row.

Heading back tonight for 3rd attempt at getting on a flight out of HK during Chinese New Year week - the joys of standby.

I did a multisport event today. 3ks of run/walk/cry followed by a dip in the ocean. I can assure you, walking into the ocean in your running gear and then spending 10 mins standing there sobbing elicits some funny looks. **** it all.

• Sad 4