prizna

What training did you do today?

1:20 of 2:00 bike and 0:30 run.  Just felt shiite. 

Gave up.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

I rode my bike today for 10 minutes with my nephews they are racing Nowra tomorrow.

farrrk I’m now not the fastest in the family! Devo

haha

I have a mate I ride with in Somerset, he's very handy on a bike and lives in a small street of about 10-12 houses.  The LBS brought in a new mechanic from out of town, absolute gun and he moved in 3 doors down.

My mate said ' f**k,  I'm not even the fastest guy in my road any more' :lol:

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, FatPom said:

-3C again this morning. I'm gonna have guns bigger than Navarone :lol:

Lol......I had a slow 12km run scheduled. Decided to sleep in.  Was looking to rain around 3pm (according to the radar) so step out.  The rain split and went around, and then heated up again.  The joys of the running in the tropics, although it was only 29 degrees and felt like 35.  Within 10 minute of finishing, it started to rain.....:huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

An easy flat 20km around the bay in Sydney this morning. Much nicer long run than last week when I felt like complete crap in the last 5 km.

Had a few days in Canberra for work this week but mananged an "easy" run in the heat of Wed evening and a hard interval session on Fri morning after a 1.5hr interval bike trainer set in the hotel room the night before. Now, that is dedication for you.l! Away for business and I bring my bike and bike trainer. Where is my prize?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Park Run. Was a new course which had the rep of being fast but a quality field. Mostly path, some gravel path as well. Bloody hard  yakka today.

I went 20.47 which gave 21/259 overall and 3/24 for AG.

Stuffing my face with a mince pie now :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Did an intro to crossfit yesterday - gods help me if ever I try a proper crossfit session ☠️ So today's long ride was an exercise in agony.  Tho to be truthful it only hurt when I moved, or laughed.  The run off the bike required much mental discussion and I'm still not sure who won, but I managed 3km.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Did an intro to crossfit yesterday - gods help me if ever I try a proper crossfit session ☠️ So today's long ride was an exercise in agony.  Tho to be truthful it only hurt when I moved, or laughed.  The run off the bike required much mental discussion and I'm still not sure who won, but I managed 3km.  

Good for you for getting it done!

• Like 2

close to 10hrs on somerset dam behind a boat either on a ski, knee board or wake board...not training as such but man I am sore today.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Why'd you do crossfit?

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Why'd you do crossfit?

There's a free community class on a Saturday morning.  Started doing this session last year to try and  encourage my daughter to get fit.  She likes that she can do more sit ups than I can 😄😂 haven't been since before Christmas hence the extreme reaction.

2 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

There's a free community class on a Saturday morning.  Started doing this session last year to try and  encourage my daughter to get fit.  She likes that she can do more sit ups than I can 😄😂 haven't been since before Christmas hence the extreme reaction.

Well dont do anything too silly to harm your triathlon career :wink1:

• Haha 1

Long ride for me today at 110km.  I have at last done the 3 gorges ride and really enjoyed those sections.  Didn't get home until after 11h30 so it was bloody hot at the end!  i'm supposed to do a strength session this evening, but I'm not sure if it's such a good idea with the legs & glutes having had such a work out.  

• Like 2

Pulled up better today than yesterday, so managed to pull off my schedule 1:30 run.  Super tired legs at the end - but thats the goal of all the work ! 

Heading for a cruisey swim later - once the MS mega swim folk clear out and leave me to the outdoor 50.  Fat chance....... 45 here and a shitton of kids bound to be there.   :crazy:.  Might get some cross training in........:boxing:

• Like 1

Grovelled through a 43km recovery ride. Needed to recover because I neglegated to find out how steep the driveway was before agreeing to help a mate move house.

Should have Strava’d the move and called it hill repeats. Might have moved me up a couple of places on the club leaderboard.

• Haha 5

with the family away this weekend was about having some fun in the best of North Sydney

Friday night trail run on Perimeter Track at Terrey Hills. Combination of trail and fire trial for 40min in 36 Deg heat

Sat 3km swim at Narrabeen ocean pool. longest swim for a while, just beautiful spot, followed by 2hr ride down the beaches and up around North Head

Sunday up to Ourimba for 2hr on the MTB, great cross country circuit, that certainly spiked the heartrate

Just having fun and enjoying being fit enough to do these things

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Long ride for me today at 110km.  I have at last done the 3 gorges ride and really enjoyed those sections.  Didn't get home until after 11h30 so it was bloody hot at the end!  i'm supposed to do a strength session this evening, but I'm not sure if it's such a good idea with the legs & glutes having had such a work out.  

That takes me back. Is the ferry still afloat?

Saturday - 1hr45 run at 4:30am 

Afternoon 2hr spin on trainer with 15min run off bike.

Today 125km bike went to the hilly area. Run off bike 21:28 (6km) 

DWR and Swim in afternoon recovery. 

4.5 hours on the trainer between 65 and 75% FTP. Considered jumping in the ocean this afternoon. Didn't.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BogFrog said:

That's a great ride. I was down in Sydney a few years ago with work, so rocked up on the Saturday night, and the NSW Manager took me on the 3 Gorges ride. He lives against the Nat Park, directly above the ferry, so it was out his door & straight on to the ride. Diverse landscapes, and a nice change from what we had here.

70 mins/42kms on Zwift.  nothing to write home about.  Did unlock 'Digi Camo' though B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1