Sign in to follow this  
Merv

Ensuite vs Extra room ?

I concede it can be a mood killer and also contribute to some performance  anxiety at the pedestal. 

So then these ensuites that didn't have a door, they'd be taking the friendship too far???

My bro-in-law had one open to the bedroom.  Big doorway, and then a big open half wall where the spa was so he could still watch the tv.  They did stick a door on the toilet though at least.

In out case, with my wife not well but often having to get up a bit during the night, she doesn't want to walk more steps than she has to.  I reckon she has maybe 4 till sitting........

Edited by goughy

Not sure if youd call ours an ensuite, we have a  walk through  wardrobe then the bathroom with the throne, shower & bath. Doors on the wardrobe & bathroom. So no  smells or sounds thanks very much 😁. 

• Haha 1

It's always good when the toilet is separate to the bathroom, behind a closed door.  Sure it's convenient in an en-suite, but most couples don't like to be present in the ensuite when the other one is taking a dump.

Edited by BC_J400

On 2/2/2018 at 1:45 AM, Katz said:

I HATE ensuites. They are always too small with the other residents (usually the damn kids) getting the best bathroom (with the bath)

Whilst I'll concede the bathroom has the bath, in all other aspects, our ensuite is better than the bathroom. It's larger, has a double vanity, and the shower is bigger/better.

Ours has a spa....... (Which never gets used, should have just gone the huge walk in showers)

Spas and pools are nice enough.  Not really something id consider installing.

It was one of those "do it now, or never". For how much it's used, should have been never. But it makes a nice big shower, granted my wife has to step over to get in which hasn't been a great idea.

• Like 1